Re: Ahhh the new tactic of ...

by Straatford87

Original Post

Ahhh the new tactic of ...

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The new sales tactic of advertising 50gig games. and in 1 months its over 100gig.

How many folks who don't have the disk space nor money to buy a new one are getting screwed

Message 1 of 5 (422 Views)

★ Pro

I mean, I can kind of understand - what would you prefer that they do? Create a 'max size we promise' that can potentially down the line hamper the game? 

Drives these days are getting quite cheap - I just got 4tb for like $75USD. It might put it outside of some peoples reach, but that's a bit above the price of one game and at 100gig's a game, you could install 40 games on it. It's not a *fast* drive by any means, but it definitely accommodates. Additionally, cheap storage drives can host content that isn't fast paced, freeing up faster drives for games.

Message 2 of 5 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]

@10UPn2DOWN i use a mix of SSD (for the operating system and software that i work with) and a classic SATA 3 for storage and gaming. 

As @Viperions0 mentioned, the prices for the SATA 3 big storage HDD's dropped to a level where they are quite affordable in our days. If you follow the sales, you could probably pick up one such HDD even for 60-65$. That is pretty much the price of a standard edition game in our days. 

P.S.: please do not use that kind of font size for your text. Your message can get accross without that. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 5 (394 Views)

★ Novice

I would suggest taking a few marketing classes. This is theft for those who don't have an extra 50.00 to buy any form of drive. The game has doubled in size in 1 month. EA knew this but, still marketed as 50 gig

Message 4 of 5 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@10UPn2DOWN

Which game are you referring to? I'll make sure we'll keep the requirements updated. I also want to confirm that we're not listing outdated requirements on purpose. So thank you for flagging Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (343 Views)