Ah yes let’s play the new improved orbital

by SillyCyb

Original Post

Ah yes let’s play the new improved orbital

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ah yes , still no server browsers to actually choose orbital should you wish…..

Whilst we here - make the rocket from orbital actually kill anyone near it when the entire thing explodes. 

overall sound still needs improving… compare this to BFV  , can hear tanks around you for one 

Message 1 of 11 (590 Views)

Re: Ah yes let’s play the new improved orbital

★ Guide
@SillyCyb There are enough Orbital 24/7 servers with vanilla settings in portal browser, people just don't use it.
Message 2 of 11 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Right so…  have some selectable server map rotations like BFV has then ! 

Message 3 of 11 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Ne0tax wrote:
@SillyCybThere are enough Orbital 24/7 servers with vanilla settings in portal browser, people just don't use it.

I found a good Orbital 24/7 server with vanilla settings with low ping on Thursday, come Friday it had gone. Frown

I have struggled to find a similar server with vanilla settings / low ping, there are loads of heavily modified servers though which I am not interested in.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 11 (494 Views)

★★ Expert
@SillyCyb check out portal.... i would even go so far and implore everyone to use portal exclusively now
Message 5 of 11 (441 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@X-Sunslayer-X I think Portal has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth for the way it has been handled the past year where people have given up on it. I know I have. All I see in portal is hardcore, mil Sims and boost servers. Which don't appeal to me at all. Plus they all have high ping.
Message 6 of 11 (402 Views)

★★ Expert
@NazT55 you can filter for ping and now that communities can actually keep servers up there are plenty of servers to choose from give it another shot
Message 7 of 11 (368 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SillyCyb wrote:

Ah yes , still no server browsers to actually choose orbital should you wish…..

Whilst we here - make the rocket from orbital actually kill anyone near it when the entire thing explodes. 

overall sound still needs improving… compare this to BFV  , can hear tanks around you for one 

You can play Orbital… you just have to sit through a back and forth of Renewal and Stranded a dozen times.

Message 8 of 11 (357 Views)

Champion
@SleepyWeasel68
I agree, it's a bit of a lottery and time consuming. Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 11 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SillyCyb  Portal's server browser is terrible. It still auto scrolls.

Also, you could stand in the exhaust of the Rocket taking off and take no damage. It really is just a spectacle.

They really should've worked more events such as the rocket into more of the maps and given it the attention it deserves i.e The rocket when taking off should make nearby soldiers temporarily deaf, because that's just how loud a rocket taking off is, among dying when it explodes, lets say they slowly die when it explodes so that it's not so abrupt and those forsaken to be near the explosion can at least enjoy the view.

Message 10 of 11 (274 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help