Re: Aftermarket event and cross-play discussion thread

by Fisshh77

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I Get That It's Only A Beta But Crossplay Is What Ruined Dauntless For Me, Please Do No Make The Same Mistake.

Message 71 of 80 (806 Views)

★★ Expert

So what are the advantages of the crossplay? For now the matchmaking takes longer, constant disconnections and crashes and teammates are even more bad than usual... oh, and the ping is twice what is being shown in datacenter...

Message 72 of 80 (790 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ever since cross play beta update I‘ve been stuck in matchmaking. Goes between matchmaking and starting server. Didn’t seem to have this issue last night before the update

Message 73 of 80 (771 Views)

Anonymous

are you gonna add a refund system

Message 74 of 80 (703 Views)

Champion

I've had a bit of a break this season and missed a lot of the info regarding this crossplay beta.

Can anybody tell me when the beta ends? As the server stability is actually painful at the moment and I play on a strong net connection, I dread to think what its like for others.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 75 of 80 (659 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Respawn hasn’t conveyed this info as it’s an ongoing thing so I’m assuming it’ll be in beta for weeks if not months
Message 76 of 80 (644 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Honestly, the amount of smurfs in the game that created a new account to play with their lower ranking console friends is just baffling
Message 77 of 80 (629 Views)

@EA_David Anyone else having severe frame drop during fights when playing cross platform with friends?
Message 78 of 80 (610 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I didn't try this event, but have been playing with cross-play enabled. How did I like it? I hate everything about it. If I disable it (Xbox) I don't get into a game. The server just sticks at 3 people now. I dont' rememebr this working like this when teh update came out. I play just fine in COD MH (not Warzone) with crossplay disabled on Xbox. I get into games fast and everything feels like it should.

With Apex Legends and cross-play it feels bad, Like really bad, Unplayable. I can't and won't play a competitive shooter with such horrible servers.

Common Issues
-No sounds / footsteps
-Getting shot all at once from someone who just started shooting on my screen (someone shooting before it shows on my screen and I get shot by a full clip all at once, I've noticed it twice after this cross-play update in the same day.
-Getting hit behind cover
-Skipping players

-People on console using scripts to reduce recoil. Ya'll messed up big time. You should be ashamed of yourself by not directly doing something about this.

The outcome of players using this will forever ruin future console titles and it's mostly becuase of ya'll at Respawn and your stance on mouse & keyboard on consoles. Yet, You're the only Free2Play game on consoles without mouse & keyboard support with the lowest amount of players, so how the hell does that work?

You could have directly made mouse & keyboard open like every other devoplers Free2Play game, But no, You did nothing, and look at what good that did. By directly doing nothing, You have created a monster of a community behind using the device and scripts.

The people who do use it get hooked on using scripts will forever be stuck cheating. Simply giving mouse & keyboard support will not even fix the issue. Everyone is hooked on using reduced recoil with aim assist fake analog mouse aim.

Think about someone who has been using that for over a year.
+Simi better aim with fake analog mouse
+aim assist as the game thinks you're using a controller
+massive community around making scripts for every game, ability and weapon.
+macros are very easy to also setup

Why would they ever want to try real mouse & keyboard support? I see more TTV kids on consoles now (mostly Playstation trying to build a community around them, but their just cheating with scripts to look good. What do they have to lose?

Ya'll created this mess, You need to fix it now. To the players who do use this, Ya'll are cheating, It's very simple. Dont' worry too much, there is no way the system can tell you're using said device.

Message 79 of 80 (606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is it just me, or have other noticed SBMM completely broken in Pub matches when forming a cross-platform party?  I can still solo que or join a party with my PS4 friends, and everything seems "normal".  But a few days ago, I formed a party with two average XBOX players (all three of us have a k/d around 1) and in three straight games, we get completely dunked on by 3 stack Pred squads of guys with 30,000 to 40,000 kills.  The guy that killed me had 12,000 kills in Season 6 alone!  This was at like 8pm when plenty of people were playing, so why are these god squads in my casual lobby?  WTF Apex?!?

Message 80 of 80 (574 Views)