Re: After Trial

by Retro-Pathfinder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

After Trial

★★★ Novice

I am currently downloading the early trial for Mass Effect Andromeda and was wondering if I will need to redownload the game after the trial is over or if it will work as the full game when it is released? 

Message 1 of 14 (836 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@underhill333

As far as I know you don't have to downoad this game again. I had the same experience with Unravel. The game is already on your PC but you can't get the full access right now.

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (853 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@underhill333

As far as I know you don't have to downoad this game again. I had the same experience with Unravel. The game is already on your PC but you can't get the full access right now.

Message 2 of 14 (854 Views)

EA DICE Team

@underhill333

@Retro-Pathfinder is correct - you can keep playing with the current version you've already downloaded.

Message 3 of 14 (807 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your time and information, I am happy to hear that seeing as it is taking almost 48 hours to download the game.

Message 4 of 14 (795 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@underhill333

Why so long?

Message 5 of 14 (783 Views)

EA DICE Team

@underhill333 @Retro-Pathfinder

I admire your patience - that's quite a long time for a download! What I do want to add is that we might release updates to the game upon full release, if required.

In the meantime, are you excited for the full release? How have you been enjoying Andromeda so far? Standard smile

Message 6 of 14 (773 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Straatford87

The trial cover of the game looks good in my library. I want to draw something on it, for example, Здесь был Ваня (Vanya was here). Unfortunately I can't. 

But the previous parts had a huge N7 logo on it. I mean ME2 and ME3 digital deluxe.

Message 7 of 14 (768 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

I have the version with the N7 logo in my library - looks pretty cool.

But yeah, we've had many player requests for us to bring back the ability to change the game covers in Origin. As we discussed in another thread, further customization options for Origin is something that we would like to see as well.

Message 8 of 14 (758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just to let people know the Andromeda folder has two exe files in it.

One is MassEffectAndromeda.exe and the other is MassEffectAndromedaTrial.exe.

So I assume that if you do purchase the game it will start launching from the first file.

As for me I will not be purchasing the game after the trial is over. Maybe in a few years when it's on sale for $5.95

A bit annoyed that Orgin neglected to mention in store that all pricing is in US dollars and not my local dollar.

Andromeda adds two of the most annoying game play elements from the last trilogy.

The Mako is still horrible to drive and planet scanning is back.

And while the game can look extremely beautiful in parts, it's horrendously ugly in others.

The first 10 hours have been underwhelming to say the least.

I haven't been this ambivalent about a game since DA:I.

I know that if I buy ME:A now, I'll end up losing interest and not finishing it.

Also the fact that the game won't launch when I have Corsair Unity Engine running is also annoying.

Message 9 of 14 (751 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Mister_Onion

Heya,

Thanks for adding extra information regarding the trial and the full game!

Sorry to hear that your experience with the game so far hasn't been meeting your expectations. If you feel like it, feel free to stop by on the Andromeda forums to share some further feedback with us. In the meantime, I can already tell you that we've got a Patch ready to work out some of the issues that players have informed us about.

If you are up for a further chat with us, we would love to have you here on the newly opened Origin Community forums!

Thanks for your post,

Message 10 of 14 (736 Views)