Re: After 7 seasons Respawn still does not get it

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

After 7 seasons Respawn still does not get it

★ Expert

I mean it's not that difficult devs: give a p2020 and a full white shield to everyone since the very beginning. What's so hard about it? I'm sick of being killed because i loot 6 bins and the only things i get are attachments, no weapons or no armor, while the other player has purple shield and a volt. Give to the players the opportunity to DEFEND theirselves in some way, if they still die that's it but at least i don't have to run around the map like a rabbit looking even for a mozambique.

Message 1 of 9 (395 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Cro_Pittt it takes like 100 dmg to get a white evo and land a bit safer if you wanna get a gun before finding a player, thats what ive been doing cuz idk why but when i land on highly contested areas i find nothing.
Message 2 of 9 (384 Views)

★ Expert

@RustedYoda It's not like you can always land safe and dropping near 1 squad is not a hot drop. Yes you do 100 damage and you get a white shield but:

1) it's empty;

2) don't know how i can do 100 damage without any gun if the other guy got one and can easily shoot me.

You're missing the point, i just want more equal start to the game, a better player can beat with a p2020 another one who has a flatline or volt for example. It would be based more on skill rather than pure RNG.

Message 3 of 9 (367 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just HATE that 3/4 of my games end within the first minute because my team decide ‘hey let’s land with those 7 squads’, they immediately get killed (and leave of course because they don’t actually give 2 ducks about playing this game they just want to troll) and it’s an immediate loss. You’d think nearly 2 years Respawn would have implemented systems to stop such garbage from happening. I swear they added a leaver penalty but it clearly doesn’t work because 9/10 games have leaver and it’s usually the 1 guy who drops solo and runs instantly into an enemy squad. 

im not sure people grasp the concept of a battle royale, that’s it’s the last person/team alive at the end that wins. Because my teammates are over here playing like they have infinite lives and it’s deathmatch.

does anyone know what blocking people does? Because I block nearly every player I play with because the consistency of good players is that low

Message 4 of 9 (357 Views)

★ Expert

That's BR guys.  You are dropping into RNG no matter what game it is, especially dropping hot.  Same if you drop into Bootcamp on PUBG or some other hot drop.

Message 5 of 9 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RockScorpion384 Depends. On xbox blocking just disables communication with blocked person. Nothing more. Same for PS. Crossplat so far I know is same...
Message 6 of 9 (336 Views)

★ Expert
@Cro_Pittt That would thwart players like me who can drop on a sixpence anywhere on the map and know the best places for unmolested loot. Even in Fragment I know precisely where to drop and move so I get six bins largely to myself before joining the mayhem.

It's the little things like this that make the difference. Like not dropping through the holes in the building at the Sorting Factory. If the DM sends you there drop at one of the doors at the back. That way you get two bins and a review of what's in front of you so you can choose whether to engage or go back out.

Occassionally I get the '6 bins and nothing' syndrome but very rarely. I hardly ever die on drop these days.

Message 7 of 9 (298 Views)

Champion

If the RNG was less squiffy this would be a non issue.

I enjoy hot dropping, if I'm jumpmaster thats what I'll do unless our rando actually pings a location they want. I've had games where there literally hasn't been a weapon in 2-3 buildings, I can expect this from supply bins but from a building its ridiculous.

Having to instantly disengage and run to the next POI can essentially screw your entire game up as you end up running around the map scrounging for scraps from already looted areas.....and why? Because the POI you was in decided to only spawn weapons on one half of itself lol.

Good news is Olympus is supposedly significantly better for this due to the fact its basically one big * POI.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 9 (264 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Cro_Pittt You aren't defenceless without a gun. Your melee and character abilities can actually help you fight. 

Message 9 of 9 (229 Views)