After 7 months break, I'm back for S7, any tips & tricks I should know?

by bosourd

Original Post

After 7 months break, I'm back for S7, any tips & tricks I should know?

★★ Pro

I know some of you probably gonna quit after season 6 ends, some of you gonna say better stay off this game if you already have, some of you gonna say this game has been better than ever, and so on.

But I miss this game and I want to give it another shot. Since I've been away from it for quite a while now, there must be lots of things that changed. Also I probably gonna go solo-q often this time.

• Buffs & nerfs on legends that I should keep an eye on?
  • Buffs & nerfs on weapons?
  • Current meta?
  • Tricks on a certain map-locations?
  • etc.

Drop some guides below, much appreciated!

Message 1 of 11 (471 Views)

Re: After 7 months break, I'm back for S7, any tips & tricks I should know?

[ Edited ]

@bosourdI have heard that Caustic is the number one legend on PC ranked at the moment and it would not surprise me.

I have been playing caustic a ton this season and he can be very strong. How ever it takes some getting used to. This is especially true if you've consistently played low profile legends. Rev is a strong legend now. LL is fairly good too.

Buffs on weapns, Prowler and Volt are strong CQC guns, Mastiff is not bad if you can consistently land the 100+ headshot. If you liked Snipers TT is a strong sniper now.

Meta loadouts depend on you really. I have seen the Mastiff be really meta. But I have also seen it be really bad, it depends if you're good at peak-a-boom and accurate. If you miss the first shot with the mastiff you're more than likely dead.

Map locations, Salvage is popular (one of my favorite places), Frag on capital is rather popular.

Oh and @Koochi-Q is the meta player now. He's always dropping 20 bombs and triple triples. Right?!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 11 (452 Views)

Champion

@bosourd  First of all, welcome back and good luck lol.

As for tips etc....not really to be honest. Just familiarise yourself with the patch notes released since you last played and you'll be fine.

No core mechanics have changed apart from the shield system really....and even that isn't exactly rocket science lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 11 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
  • Wraith is still the best legend after all the nerfs (they even took away her Naruto run!!!)
  • Pathfinder was nerfed (and indirectly) nerfed into oblivion 
  • Bloodhound is S tier now
  • new characters Loba and Rampart are pretty useless/ incredibly niche 
  • R-99 is now in the care package but has been replaced by the new gun the Volt as the go to SMG
  • they added mobile respawn beacons so you can respawn a teammate anywhere, anytime but it takes so long and is so loud prepare to be thirsted by every squad in the area when you place one down
  • every body shield is now an Evo shield, in that the more damage you do the more it levels up to the next tier, you also start with a level 0 shield and after enough damage will become a level 1 body shield 
  • you can now play Minecraft in Apex legends (they added in a crafting system where you collect parts around the map and use them to buy ammo, guns or whatever is on rotation in the crafting stations dotted around the maps 
  • They finally added in cross play so you can now play with other consoles and PC 

Ummmm that’s all I can think of for now, anything else anyone would like to add? 

Message 4 of 11 (443 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex Ah yes I've been seeing Caustic a lot on Twitch, I used to play him for fun. Haven't get the chance to try Volt so I hope it's as good as R-99
Message 5 of 11 (397 Views)

★★ Pro
@Bean2kay9 So how is this crafting thing work? do we have to collect that across the map or it just adds up automatically?
Message 6 of 11 (395 Views)

★★★ Pro
@bosourd There's really no right wrong way to go about it. Just pray the apex gods have mercy on your soul and maybe, just maybe, you'll rise to the top.
Message 7 of 11 (378 Views)

@bosourd I feel like its better than the 99.

Devo is still the highest DPS gun in the game so if you find a turbo don’t pass it up.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 11 (375 Views)

★★ Guide
  • Just like you took a break from Apex,I have been taking a break from forums and here are some things

• Bloodhound is now S tier
  • Pathfinder has been nerfed really hard and now his grapple cooldown depends on how far u travel with the help of your grapple
  • MIrage was been reworked and now he can invisi rez,control his decoys and he got the emergency dance party ultimate from the dummies big day event where basically he ults and produces 5 decoys which mimic all his movements
  • New legends loba and rampart are pretty meh
  • Caustic and crypto are very strong now in the right hands,Same goes for revenant(Caustic's teammates are no longer slowed by gas,and revenant totem now has unlimited rage)
  • Lifeline fast heal removed and now lifeline can rez someone with the bot and rez third teammate by herself at the same time which is also a very good buff for team players

Basically this is all the legend stuff I cud visualize which is important.I am not very good at listing map changes so hope this legend stuff helps you out

Message 9 of 11 (333 Views)

★★ Pro
@SS_Mabezan now I can't wait to try BH, let's hope he's not getting any nerf in season 7.

Never liked Loba & Rampart since its release so I'm happy that they're not much of a threat.
Message 10 of 11 (307 Views)