Re: After 2.5+ years I quit! Sick of the greed!

by TheRealJony

Original Post

After 2.5+ years I quit! Sick of the greed!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have posted this in another forum earlier this week. I don't mention the name of this forum so my post will not be deleted by the mods.

I'm posting here as well in a hope (false hope???) that EA will take notice.

-------------------------------

For those who don't want to read the entire thing here is a brief: I quit. I uninstalled the game. I'm free. I'm not coming back.

So I've been playing NFS NL for over 2.5 years. Started sometime in mid 2016.

- 77 cars in my garage

- Rep level 192

- Mechanic level 76 (very close to 77)

- $30 million

- 1700 Gold

- 1160 or so materials out of 1210 slots

Totally addicted to the game. Been on the game for hours per day (on and off of course), every day. Almost without a fail.

Of course I couldn't race all day... need to work... need to pay attention to the boss (aka wife) and kids... So all the farming for $ and materials was done in easydrive. Not even looking at the screen.

I used all the fuel available in my waking hours (usually 18 hrs per day) plus all the fuel available by "watching" ads (20? 30? don't know!). Every single day! I also "watched" ads for the 5 daily gold (yes, I know there's 5 more gold after the $ and skips), rush timers when there's BP's RR, and for SE tickets. (...and no, I didn't watch the ads... just clicked to play them then turn the phone upside down). How many races per day? How many in 2.5 years? You do the maths.

In my 2.5+ years I've seen the game evolving and sometimes getting better. But much more than that I've seen how greed is taking over at the EA headquarters and how they ruin the game. In recent months it got a lot worse, and the last update was the last straw. Forcing ppl to watch ads in order to play the game is simply NOT ON! (yes, I've been "watching" lots of ads, but it was when I chose to. Not when EA wanted. And it wasn't a condition for playing, it was a choice. Big difference!).

I hated BRR with a passion. Couldn't stop myself cursing and swearing at everyone at EA when playing it (the devs, management who approved BRR, accounts who allocated budget for it, etc.... Everyone except for the cleaners.)... I hated (and still do) the blue parts in "premium" crated... I hated being ripped off by the rigged system of flipping reward cards and crates... I hated the fact there's not enough scanners and black parts to upgrade cars... I started hating too much about this game. It got boring. And I expressed my feelings many times in this forum.

I became more and more unhappy with the game. And EA just kept pushing and pushing. Do you know the story about the frog in the boiling water? Well, I'm not a frog, but the analogy is a perfect fit. So I'm jumping out now.

I am really really ashamed when I think about the number of hours I spent on this game (many many hundreds).

I am really really ashamed when I think about the amount of $ I made for EA by "watching" ads. (I had to remove the link. Do a search for "The F2P myth: how much EA made from me in 8 mo?")

And yes, I'm a F2P. Don't mind spending money on apps. Have in the past and will in the future. But NOT when I get ripped off by rigged odds.

But it's over now. I'm getting rid of my addiction. I uninstalled the game. I'm free! and I'm not coming back.

EA, you managed to push me out. You did this with your greed. Hope you're listening (but I doubt it very much).

So goodby fellow players. (no, I will not refer to you by the insulting name "BR citizens"!). I really hope more of you will stop spending real world $ on this game. EA is in business for $, naturally. So if you want to make a change you need to talk to them in a ($) language they understand. So vote with your wallets!

I'll probably still hang around the forums for a few more days. But I'm OUT of this game. yeeeeee haaaaaaaa!

BYE!

----------------------------------------

BTW, I was VIP 3 and could turn off the autoplay of ads. But introducing such a feature 3.5 years into the launch of the game is PLAIN WRONG!

Message 1 of 8 (2,611 Views)

@yud111 wrote:

I have posted this in another forum earlier this week. I don't mention the name of this forum so my post will not be deleted by the mods.

I'm posting here as well in a hope (false hope???) that EA will take notice.

Any kind of feedback is fine here. Whether it is positive or negative.

As long as it's clean, then it's good.

Welcome to the quitting club. Although I quit when Underground Rivals was introduced.

The introduction of Underground Rivals made the game extremely pay2win that I given up on the game after trying it out for a week.

I hadn't uninstalled the game yet. I'm just leaving the game in my iPad untouched in case worst case scenario happens, which is game is unavailable in the App Store due to the game announced to being permanently shut down. (It has happened with two games I previously played with my iPad before)

Here are my NFS No Limits stats:

(I don't remember what my stats are and I don't intend to go in game to check right now)

Played the game from September 30, 2015 to September 26, 2018.

Level 177

Mechanic Level 81

$10 million In-Game Cash

200 Gold

75 cars???

I wish you the best of searching a brand new game to play. Standard smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheRealJony  I am shocked to hear you quit the game! Haven't been here for a while but I clearly remember you were one of the most helpful ppl around here and the one with most useful advice!

Shame on EA if they make someone like you quit in protest.

And it's a real shame they don't take notice.

Have you found a replacement?

Message 3 of 8 (2,564 Views)

@yud111 wrote:

I am shocked to hear you quit the game! Haven't been here for a while but I clearly remember you were one of the most helpful ppl around here and the one with most useful advice!

I think most of the playerbase has moved on from No Limits, especially with the recent changes to the game (Underground Rivals and Forced Ads). The NFS No Limits Answers HQ is kinda dead.

I hadn't been helping as much as I like to. Back in the days of 2015 and 2016, there were a lot more questions and the forum was a lot more active.

yud111 wrote:

Shame on EA if they make someone like you quit in protest.

And it's a real shame they don't take notice.

It's a shame indeed because No Limits could have been a good game. It had potential to be a good game.

If the game had actual live Multiplayer like NFS World, then the game would be a lot better when we are actually racing against a real player. Not a recorded run of a player.

At the same time, all cars should be accessible to everyone (whether free player or paid player). How the devs can make some money is by selling special edition of cars for Gold or real money while leaving the base cars available for free.

Sadly, the devs are running the game into the ground with Underground Rivals and forced ads. Underground Rivals is NOT F2P friendly!!!

Anyone defending Underground Rivals must be Pay2win players themselves. Free players can NEVER catch up when new cars are always being introduced in each update (which cost Gold to acquire their blueprints).

I have a feeling history is gonna repeat itself.

It happened with NFS World and Tekken Mobile.

1. EA tells Black Box to make NFS World pay2win. Bandai Namco tells their Vancouver team to make Tekken Mobile pay2win.

2. NFS World fails to generate revenue for EA. Tekken Mobile fails to generate revenue for Bandai Namco.

3. EA shuts down Black Box to reduce costs like employee paychecks. Bandai Namco shuts down their Vancouver team to reduce costs like employee paychecks.

4. EA leaves NFS World on auto-pilot with a skeleton crew to generate some last revenue with some fire sales. Bandai Namco leaves Tekken Mobile on auto-pilot with a skeleton crew to generate some last revenue with some fire sales.

5. EA announces NFS World to be permanently shut down. Bandai Namco announces Tekken Mobile to be permanently shut down.

I have a feeling the same is gonna happen to No Limits with Firemonkeys and EA. Right now, we are at #1 of 5.

yud111 wrote:

Have you found a replacement?

I have no replacement game to play on my iPad. Although I am currently playing Tekken Mobile for its last 7 days of its game life.

On PC, I am playing NFS Pro Street.

It's an old game, but I still enjoy it to this day. Even though the driving physics is pretty unrealistic for a simulation-racing game.

Do you play any PC racing games? If you do, I will send you a Private message of a game we can play together in live Multiplayer (unlike No Limits).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

Message 4 of 8 (2,551 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheRealJony wrote:

Do you play any PC racing games? If you do, I will send you a Private message of a game we can play together in live Multiplayer (unlike No Limits).

No... I don't... NL was the only game I played...

I am gameless now...

Message 5 of 8 (2,506 Views)

[ Edited ]

@yud111 The beginning of the end has started.

EA has fired about 20% of Firemonkeys devs this week.

Link 1: https://kotaku.com/eas-australian-studio-hit-by-massive-layoffs-1832803802

Link 2: EA just fired about 20% of FireMonkeys employees.

We are still at #1, but we are now slowly heading to #2 and #3 with the firing of 20% of Firemonkeys devs.

TheRealJony wrote:

I have a feeling history is gonna repeat itself.

It happened with NFS World and Tekken Mobile.

1. EA tells Black Box to make NFS World pay2win. Bandai Namco tells their Vancouver team to make Tekken Mobile pay2win.

2. NFS World fails to generate revenue for EA. Tekken Mobile fails to generate revenue for Bandai Namco.

3. EA shuts down Black Box to reduce costs like employee paychecks. Bandai Namco shuts down their Vancouver team to reduce costs like employee paychecks.

4. EA leaves NFS World on auto-pilot with a skeleton crew to generate some last revenue with some fire sales. Bandai Namco leaves Tekken Mobile on auto-pilot with a skeleton crew to generate some last revenue with some fire sales.

5. EA announces NFS World to be permanently shut down. Bandai Namco announces Tekken Mobile to be permanently shut down.

I have a feeling the same is gonna happen to No Limits with Firemonkeys and EA. Right now, we are at #1 of 5.

An anonymous Firemonkeys employee even said in the Kotaku article their future doesn't look so bright and think Firemonkeys studio will eventually shut down.

Upon reading this Kotaku article, I can't say I am shocked by this news as I had seen this coming from a mile away. And that's considering how pay2win Underground Rivals is.

It's just gonna get worse from here.

Need For Speed helper

Message 6 of 8 (2,407 Views)

★★ Pro

Well, I think Firemonkeys needs a taste to this.

anti pay 2 winz.png

Message 7 of 8 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I wish I could have said it better but I don't believe I could I believe I am uninstalling the game now EA you suck. This game is just way too rigged it's not even really a pay-to-win game it's just a pay game that's supposed to be free

Message 8 of 8 (1,166 Views)