Add a server browser

by DanielRicciardo

Original Post

Re: DICE please get rid of MM in AOW

Champion

@Psubond wrote:

@AngrySquid270 wrote:

I'm all for persistent servers, but there absolutely needs to be an aggressive and effective team balancer between rounds. In addition the balancer would block mid round joiners if it would upset the balance.

Competitive/good players would just server hop until they could find an easy server to pub stomp.

how about we get persistent servers and go from there?  baby steps

The sooner the better.  Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 81 of 3,807 (3,003 Views)

Champion

@RayD_O1 wrote:

@Psubond wrote:

@AngrySquid270 wrote:

I'm all for persistent servers, but there absolutely needs to be an aggressive and effective team balancer between rounds. In addition the balancer would block mid round joiners if it would upset the balance.

Competitive/good players would just server hop until they could find an easy server to pub stomp.

how about we get persistent servers and go from there?  baby steps

The sooner the better.  Standard smile

If DICE don't do this SOON there will be no player base left by season one. !!

Message 82 of 3,807 (2,970 Views)

Champion

@RayD_O1 

I hope they implement persistent servers and a server browser as the community is in desperate need of this as well as a whole host of other issues. Community-run rental servers would be an awesome addition too.

I just don't feel like they really give a crap and honestly the complete lack of communications is pretty telling at this point.

A little communication would go a long way...

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 83 of 3,807 (2,955 Views)

Champion

@Ironhead841 wrote:

@RayD_O1 

I hope they implement persistent servers and a server browser as the community is in desperate need of this as well as a whole host of other issues. Community-run rental servers would be an awesome addition too.

I just don't feel like they really give a crap and honestly the complete lack of communications is pretty telling at this point.

A little communication would go a long way...

I totally agree mate the sooner the better before this game disappears further down the pan.

Community run servers would indeed be awesome as you say so we can get a bit of community spirit going in this game as it is pretty soulless at the moment.

I also agree the lack of communications is the other MAJOR point they need to address before we lose any more of the dwindling player base.

Promising us a new Feedback Loop starting around the time of the next update will not be enough for the players who currently can't even join a game. Or for the clans / communities who cant play as groups due to the MM limitations.

As you say DICE need to throw us more regular crumbs of info in the interim to give the remaining player base something to cling  on to. 

I know you have personally been pushing hard for more regular updates and I commend your efforts, keep up the good work. 

Message 84 of 3,807 (2,942 Views)

@RayD_O1 wrote:

@ElliotLH wrote:
@RayD_O1Best not to create a petition here as they're not really allowed.

Thanks for clarifying that, I sort of recalled posts being closed on previous BF forums for this reason.

No worries I am happy just to continue along with all the other like minded players on here, to drum up support in our crusade for the "Return of the Server Browser".

Sounds a bit like a Blockbuster Movie.  Standard smile

@RayD_O1 yep both this forum and the previous Vanilla and Battlelog forums all operate on the same exact rules set by EA>

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 85 of 3,807 (2,907 Views)

Champion

@ragnarok013 wrote:

@RayD_O1 wrote:

@ElliotLH wrote:

Thanks for clarifying that, I sort of recalled posts being closed on previous BF forums for this reason.

No worries I am happy just to continue along with all the other like minded players on here, to drum up support in our crusade for the "Return of the Server Browser".

Sounds a bit like a Blockbuster Movie.  Standard smile

@RayD_O1yep both this forum and the previous Vanilla and Battlelog forums all operate on the same exact rules set by EA>

Thanks I appreciate you clarifying that. 

Message 86 of 3,807 (2,900 Views)

Re: DICE add a Server Browser / Persistent Servers to AOW

★★★ Pro
@RayD_O1 100% agree
Message 87 of 3,807 (2,878 Views)

★ Apprentice

Totally agree. Me and my mates are hoping we can host our own dedicated server at some point in the future. Dedicated servers allow for a community to form as people meet play on the same servers and run into each other time and time again. Just more fun having some sort of relationship to the person you just destroyed or the guy you went out of your way to revive. 

Message 88 of 3,807 (2,860 Views)

Champion

@Pyr0phobic wrote:

Totally agree. Me and my mates are hoping we can host our own dedicated server at some point in the future. Dedicated servers allow for a community to form as people meet play on the same servers and run into each other time and time again. Just more fun having some sort of relationship to the person you just destroyed or the guy you went out of your way to revive. 

Exactly, that community spirit is just completely lacking in BF2042 and as a result the player base is rapidly dwindling.

Without a proper server browser and persistent servers players are never going to be able to build these relationships that were the backbone of previous BF's.

As I have said before BF2042 seems soulless in comparison.

DICE need to act quickly to save BF2042 otherwise season one will be a non event.

Message 89 of 3,807 (2,911 Views)

★ Expert

@ElliotLH wrote:

Out of experience I would STRONGLY advice against even mentioning any Pet***. I did so and even though this P. (the refund one that everyone interested can find using his/her favorite search engine in less than 10 seconds) now carries over 200.000 signatures, the post was deleted and my account here on the forums was blocked for 24h.

Just to clarify: I did not even directly endorse the P, but I mentioned it and posted a link to it for convenience (even though I personally signed it, but I also did not state that) and I also did not call for any boycott. So, don't mention it, don't create any new one and definitely don't post a link or endorse it if you want to avoid getting banned here.

I wish they were as fast with bans in the actual game as they are here.

Message 90 of 3,807 (2,907 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help