Add a server browser

by DanielRicciardo

Original Post

Re: DICE please get rid of MM in AOW

★★★★ Pro

For a MP only game that had a development cycle of 3 years, 2042 features are pathetic. Sorry there's no other way to say this. 

Explain to me how it makes sense to REMOVE all features that made BF just that and think this is ok? Do you think its "brutal" to ask for CAN I SELECT THE MAP I WANT TO PLAY? What about server rotations? Bookmark fav server. I mean the list goes on. Im so at the end with my patience and this incompetent developer. 

Message 41 of 3,800 (2,291 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Buzzfunk It`s painful in many aspects. I had no choice but to uninstall the game. The complete lack of Community. No possibility to play with the same people on the same server. It feels like the same three maps in rotation wherever You go, it`s just a terrible experience in Conquest. And all of this happens because of MM and Lobby.

The game needs one additional year of development instead of XP zombie farm events. It`s probably EA with its brutal monetization expectations instead of delivering a solid game day one. Do You think that DICE is responsible for the release cycles or employment of the project manager or EA?

Studios have to develop their games in secrecies otherwise the final product will resemble a Frankenstein with a dollar sticker as a logo.
Message 42 of 3,800 (2,278 Views)

Champion

@Buzzfunk wrote:

For a MP only game that had a development cycle of 3 years, 2042 features are pathetic. Sorry there's no other way to say this. 

Explain to me how it makes sense to REMOVE all features that made BF just that and think this is ok? Do you think its "brutal" to ask for CAN I SELECT THE MAP I WANT TO PLAY? What about server rotations? Bookmark fav server. I mean the list goes on. Im so at the end with my patience and this incompetent developer. 

I totally agree, my patience ran out a long time ago too and I continue to be frustrated daily with the issues you relate to.

Bring back choice, let us decide how we want to play BF2042.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 43 of 3,800 (2,255 Views)

Re: DICE add a Server Browser / Persistent Servers to AOW

★★ Guide
@RayD_O1 game is dead in my region, I need a server browser to play.
Message 44 of 3,800 (2,238 Views)

Re: DICE add a Server Browser / Persistent Servers to AOW

Champion

@iraqi553 wrote:
@RayD_O1game is dead in my region, I need a server browser to play.

Yeah you paid for the game and need to be able to play it. !!

Message 45 of 3,800 (2,226 Views)

Champion

@Twordy wrote:
@BuzzfunkIt`s painful in many aspects. I had no choice but to uninstall the game. The complete lack of Community. No possibility to play with the same people on the same server. It feels like the same three maps in rotation wherever You go, it`s just a terrible experience in Conquest. And all of this happens because of MM and Lobby.

The game needs one additional year of development instead of XP zombie farm events. It`s probably EA with its brutal monetization expectations instead of delivering a solid game day one. Do You think that DICE is responsible for the release cycles or employment of the project manager or EA?

Studios have to develop their games in secrecies otherwise the final product will resemble a Frankenstein with a dollar sticker as a logo.

You are absolutely right there is a complete lack of Community in BF2042 and it's all down to MM / Lobby as you say.

And I agree it is a nightmare experience and a far cry from previous BF's. 

Message 46 of 3,800 (2,194 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ExxInferis well match making does not work for me as it seems to never put me in my region or by ping (Northern Canada) and i am always waiting for servers to join. When we had a server browser i can set it to my region and ping and find a server very quickly in my area. Plus when i do get in a server always seems to play at least one map 5 or 6 times before i even see a new map. Need map rotation put in and stay on the same server and not be put back into the queue to find another server and wait minutes again to join if ever.
Message 47 of 3,800 (2,267 Views)

★★ Pro
@RayD_O1 They are trying to purge the old battlefield fan base so they can try to gain fortnite fans.
Message 48 of 3,800 (2,260 Views)

Champion

@-DFA-Thump wrote:
@RayD_O1They are trying to purge the old battlefield fan base so they can try to gain fortnite fans.

I can honestly say it really is starting to feel like that.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 49 of 3,800 (2,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@RayD_O1maybe you should start a petition.
I'd sign it!

Anyway good on ya for attempting to highlight one of the real issues with 2042 instead of all the other nonsense other people complain about.

Message 50 of 3,800 (2,254 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help