Re: Add a server browser

by RayD_O1

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

When I have to cancel MM 25 times in a row because you keep giving me the same map over and over again, it is obvious to anyone that your system does not work nor does it appeal to the masses. If I wanted to play Hourglass 24/7 I'd server browse for that kind of lobby. I don't want to be forced into playing some map of your choosing because you can't fill the lobby of that map. Hard pass. Bring back the Server Browser for real choice.

Message 1231 of 3,807 (327 Views)

Champion

@XSive_Drez wrote:

When I have to cancel MM 25 times in a row because you keep giving me the same map over and over again, it is obvious to anyone that your system does not work nor does it appeal to the masses. If I wanted to play Hourglass 24/7 I'd server browse for that kind of lobby. I don't want to be forced into playing some map of your choosing because you can't fill the lobby of that map. Hard pass. Bring back the Server Browser for real choice.

I honestly can't imagine MM appealing to anyone on this earth, but maybe I am just biased. Teeth bared

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1232 of 3,807 (317 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Player count is already waning from that tiny S1 content drop and grind of a BattlePass for cosmetics. In less than 3 weeks the player count is 50% lower than the peak right after S1 dropped. In 3 more weeks we will be back to pre-S1 levels, which is downright disappointing.

The only thing that can save the game now is a Server Browser.

Message 1233 of 3,807 (299 Views)

Champion

@Adamonic wrote:

Player count is already waning from that tiny S1 content drop and grind of a BattlePass for cosmetics. In less than 3 weeks the player count is 50% lower than the peak right after S1 dropped. In 3 more weeks we will be back to pre-S1 levels, which is downright disappointing.

Once players get tired of playing Exposure and have to start looking for other maps the reality of MM's shortcomings will be prevalent once again and the player count will shrink even further.

DICE listen to the community and give us the Server Browser / Persistent Servers BF2042 needs to have any chance of surviving.

Message 1234 of 3,807 (282 Views)

★★ Expert

@Adamonic wrote:

Still up 5x from 1K concurrent to 5K concurrent on Steam! Major gains!

But real, it's never going to change. It would cost a lot to change, and BF2042 is already a financial dumpster fire for them. They keep saying "we're fully invested!" yet all we keep seeing is what is functionally a minimum-viable-product with minimum-viable-support.

Message 1235 of 3,807 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

DICE please listen to the BF2042 community who are crying out for a Server Browser / Persistent Servers so they can play the game the way they want to, not how MM decides.

Many players cannot even get into matches at all, and all players need to have access to the game they paid for,

This forum thread :and the other main thread Endless Matchmaking - Waiting For Players - Answer HQ (ea.com) shows how strongly players feel about MM.

MM is killing BF2042 and driving players away. Adding  a server bowser could reverse this trend and help BF2042 to recover.

Do the right thing and replace MM asap so all players who paid for BF2042 can play it the way they played every other BF title to date with a Server Browser / Persistent Servers.

Message 1236 of 3,807 (251 Views)

★★ Guide
I am beginning to doubt whether anyone is taking the comments of the community seriously. First, they quit reddit because it was "too toxic a community." On Twitter, basically the same thing, getting a response from Dice is bordering on a miracle. I thought that at least at the OFFICIAL FORUM, there would be some form of dialogue with the developers of the game. But this thread is probably a perfect example of the fact that even a few hundred pages of the thread is not able to attract the attention of people responsible for contact with the community. Is anyone from Dice really reading this? Where is the Community manager, why can it look better in other games, and in the case of battlefield, the opinion of hundreds of players is basically not even commented on? Community manager, could you at least let me know that you are still with us? Regards, although to be honest, I will probably not get an official reply to the post.
Message 1237 of 3,807 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I wish DICE would actually just listen to what players are asking for. 

MM is rapidly killing BF2042 and I personally don't believe it will survive if it is not replaced soon.

How difficult would it be to revert back to what they had in BFV and prior BF's, it's not like we are asking for anything groundbreaking.

It would help if we even knew if it is being worked on, or planned for.

It would also help if they even acknowledged all these threads of feedback on the subject.  

Message 1238 of 3,807 (222 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@RayD_O1 Precisely some acknowledgement of the many issues the community still have with this game and the missing basic features would be nice
Message 1239 of 3,807 (197 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RayD_O1 They want less players at this point. Less players = less servers to spin up, less losses.

If we were getting a Server Browser, it would've came with S1 as a QoL improvement. The fact that they just recently said they would consider it means we will never see one.
Message 1240 of 3,807 (194 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help