Re: No mention of a Server Browser in Update 4.0

by SirBobdk

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

They better change it with this next patch of updates. Imagine playing a game you paid your money for when they want you and not when you want to. Imagine over 400 fixes and changes but cannot play lol. 

Message 471 of 3,807 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

And no joystick support. 
A BF game without a server browser and joystick support is just a deal breaker and always will be for me.

Message 472 of 3,807 (747 Views)

★ Guide

With this state of the game and that less players they won't implement a server browser. 

If there was a server browser you were able to see the real player numbers and servers and EA/DICE don't want that. 

That's why they don't give sales numbers out too

Message 473 of 3,807 (735 Views)

Champion
@ElliotLH
Here's hoping indeed mate, I would definitely be awarding very BIG brownie points the day they implement it. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 474 of 3,807 (723 Views)

Champion

@Sc0tch_Whiskey wrote:

They better change it with this next patch of updates. Imagine playing a game you paid your money for when they want you and not when you want to. Imagine over 400 fixes and changes but cannot play lol. 

Yeah and you are one of the unlucky ones who has not been able to get into matches most of the time. Frown

As you rightly say 400 fixes means nothing if you can't play. !

Message 475 of 3,807 (717 Views)

Champion

@SirBobdk wrote:

And no joystick support. 
A BF game without a server browser and joystick support is just a deal breaker and always will be for me.

Totally understand and agree wholeheartedly, two key elements that should definitely have been in BF2042 right from day one. 

Would you ever have dreamt we would be having this conversation about a 5 month old BF title.

Message 476 of 3,807 (713 Views)

Champion

@Tommyfare wrote:

With this state of the game and that less players they won't implement a server browser. 

If there was a server browser you were able to see the real player numbers and servers and EA/DICE don't want that. 

That's why they don't give sales numbers out too

Yep and the ironic thing is if they had implemented a server browser / persistent servers right from the start they wouldn't have lost so many players imho.

Message 477 of 3,807 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This, and the lack of Squad controls, are the primary reason my group of friends are still playing BF5.  There can be up to 6 of us, and it's simply not possible to get us all in the same game, let alone over a series of rounds.  Why someone thought this change was progress is beyond me.

Simple solution, increase the size of the game party to 8, so you can have 2 squads of friends playing.  Squad controls are important too though; making them private, inviting friends into them, etc, this is not legacy stuff, this is essential

Message 478 of 3,807 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@RayD_O1 What is crazy is the player count would stop bleeding if they went to a Server Browser option in AOW.

If you want one way to bring some players back without having to worry about game physics, weapons and vehicle balancing, or bug fixes, this is it.
Message 479 of 3,807 (340 Views)

Champion

@Adamonic wrote:
@RayD_O1What is crazy is the player count would stop bleeding if they went to a Server Browser option in AOW.

If you want one way to bring some players back without having to worry about game physics, weapons and vehicle balancing, or bug fixes, this is it.

100% agree with you, it's a real no brainer isn't it.

I honestly can't believe DICE expected anyone to accept MM instead of the server browser / persistent servers we are all used to.

Message 480 of 3,807 (337 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help