Re: Add a Hardcore Mode

by JMDGamotia1993

Original Post

★ Guide

Last night, after some rounds of ranked fleet battles with friends, I decided to watch all the fighter clashes from the movies ( having Disney+ has it perks Party hat ). I have to say this game doesn't capture the danger of getting a fighter on your tale. Damn, even the CGI short gave the impression of a low TTK when shots actually landed.

Hence, I keep advocating towards a hardcore mode with most, if not all of the above posted ideas included. My wish for it grows stronger after every round I play in this game.

"Cut to the left, I'll take the leader !"

Message 11 of 16 (557 Views)

★ Guide
@MKh501 *tail
Message 12 of 16 (555 Views)

★ Guide

Just a mild bump for this thread.

Message 13 of 16 (523 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Ause It will also double as the extreme art of fighting.
Message 14 of 16 (492 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree with the rotational inertia problem. When playing with a Tie Fighter and a high manuverability loadout, the inertia gets worse, playing with the interceptor its not so bad. Maybe its part of the "mastering the starfighter" path Disappointed . I try to keep an eye on the sensor and ease the joystick pull just before getting the bandit on my sights.

Message 15 of 16 (488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'd like to see a "hardcore mode".

In particular with aim assists OFF and much weaker starfighter hulls.

This will be more like the films.

Also, reducing turning inertia and replacing it with more speed inertia (takes longer to speed up / slow down) will produce gameplay more inline with the films (and shaking someone off your tail will be an important maneuver).

"Good shot Red Two!"

Message 16 of 16 (476 Views)