Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Add Stronghold Specific gear

by zente94

Original Post

Add Stronghold Specific gear

★★★ Novice

Hello, this a suggestion to increase the loot of the base game that will persist throughout the game. As in, add it permanently. Not as a limited time event.

• Add stronghold specific gear, such as:
    • A sniper rifle from Tyrant Mine that causes an acid explosion on a precision kill and applies acid to immediate area. Have it look like the sniper rifles that the Scar Scouts use with a few aesthetics changed, glowing green tubes fed from an orb of acid in the stock of the rifle
    • Amor that has a similar texture to the Swarm Tyrant, with glowing green tubes (like acid) running along the outside.
    • A Scar shotgun from The Temple of Scar that could apply a burning or bleeding effect and fires in a flat arc in front of the barrel.
    • Armor from the Heart of rage that looks like the Monitor after his transformation.
    • A Dominion Assault Riffle that shoots electrified bullets that can arc to other enemies
    • A Dominion Heavy Pistol that delivers an explosive payload on hit
    • A shotgun similar to the Outlaw shotgunners, with armor piercing pellets.
    • Armor from Sunken Cell that looks like The Unfathomed, with a helmet that looks like its head
    • New weapon types should be included as well:
      • A Volt Caster from the Sunken Cell, Dominion style with a red bolt similar to the attacks The Unfathomed uses. Additional effect: leaves behind a damaging area effect on kill
      • Blade Slinger: Scar design. Additional effect: blade bounces between enemies

These are only from the top of my head, there are plenty of other ideas I feel would be good additions. 

Thank you for your attention to these suggestions. 

Message 1 of 10 (316 Views)

Re: Add Stronghold Specific gear

★★★ Guide

Nice idea, ruined by the game’s terrible loot system 

Message 2 of 10 (272 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree and it's great that you took the time to think up some gear. I've been saying this game needs unique gear pieces and gear sets that have a drop chance from specific sources like a stronghold boss or one of the chests in a stronghold since the launch. Truth is Bioware probably plans to do this, but it's going to be a while. By a while, I mean that stuff like this has been pushed back to year two of development if the game gets one.

Message 3 of 10 (245 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No thank you.

Ya the loot system stinks, that being said, I don't want to have to fun XYZ to get ABC, theres enough of that crap in other games

Message 4 of 10 (201 Views)

★★★ Novice

A fair point, thank you for responding to my post! Is there another system that you would like to see implemented, or do you like the current form of the loot pool? I'd like to hear your thoughts if you'd like to give them.

Message 5 of 10 (178 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree, right now Bioware should focus on stabilization, optimization, and content to play. Then, as they get a little wiggle room, add in new weapons and gear. Thanks for replying!

Message 6 of 10 (177 Views)

★★★ Novice

How would you switch it up, in reference to the current universal loot pool we have now? Or do you mean the current drop rates and inscription business? Thanks for the reply BTW!

Message 7 of 10 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]

@zente94 wrote:

• Add stronghold specific gear, such as: ...

Cute idea, though it doesn't work because it would restrict gear to co-op players, not solo players.

By design, all loot is accessible, even if at a lower drop rate for players who play by themselves on contracts and in Freeplay.

Doing something to freshen up the loot is an excellent point, however.

Hmmm, just had a thought, the Elysian chests were essentially for co-op players only weren't they? Oops

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 8 of 10 (167 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response! Good point about restricting gear to coop players, although I am uncertain how this idea will do so. The Strongholds have matchmaking, so most of the time there will be other people running the same Stronghold with you. Given that there are people loading in. The same goes for contracts and Freeplay, pretty much all game modes have some form of coop. Do you have any examples of how this could be restricting? The higher tier difficulties definitely need a coordinated group in that regard. 

Message 9 of 10 (153 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Arreyanne wrote:

No thank you.

Ya the loot system stinks, that being said, I don't want to have to fun XYZ to get ABC, theres enough of that crap in other games

But... that's what makes those other games... well, games...

Having things to strive for that you know there is a guaranteed (or at least more likely) way to attain something and not just random chance.

For example; Tell me the truth, if Borderlands games didn't have unique items, that can only be obtained from certain bosses or quests, what would be your incentive to play the base game, let alone the dlc? We all know it's not the story those games are played for (like all looter shooters and MMOs). Would the Borderlands games even be the same, or anywhere near as good was they are without that stuff? Or would they just be pointless shooter RPGs where the color of the loot is for show and not so much function creating a hard cap on player power? (kinda like the current state of Anthem)

Anthem's loot system makes it feel less like a game and more like collect the shinnies simulator with a bad story tacked on (that said I still like Anthem and play it quite a bit, I really enjoy it's feel in terms of movement and combat over games like Destiny 2 or The Division 2). That loot that you claim to not want, it's what makes those other games fun, obtaining those unique items or item sets and making crazy powerful builds with them. Other Looter Shooters and MMOs let you have fun without getting the best gear, but they still have the option of actual end-game gear and content for players that want to keep finding ways to make their build better, ESO is a prime example of this. However all we have in Anthem right now is builds that are forced on each individual player based on the luck of the drops they get. In other words, no system at all. Imagine a future where this game has good movement, combat, customization, and loot. Sounds kinda like you want the game to remain somewhat stale and lootless.

Message 10 of 10 (150 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help