Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Add Quit Timer Ban

by igotit4free

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★★ Apprentice

@SwooshDutch wrote:

The devs have already responded to posts on reddit... and like i said you had the option to go in low level considering your excuse is its for the challenges it should not really matter that much...but lets be real here we all know you just wanted to run it for loot....otherwise it would of been a none issue...

I've looked at reddit and all I could find was a discussion about the bosses loot table from 5 days ago but was unable to find any official response from a dev. Can you please provide a link to the dev's reply? It would be very much appreciated. As for the second part of your reply, of course I wanted the loot that comes from a G2 run, I've never denied anything of the sort. But if I was in it just for the loot only and nothing more as you say then wouldn't I just quit out like the rest of them after the second chest?

The real issue is that I wasted over 2h's trying to complete the boss fight only to watch 23 people join and quit as soon as they seen the stronghold was at the monitor fight. It would still be an issue regardless of trying to complete a challenge or just complete any stronghold for loot. it's not just THoR, it is all the strongholds. As word is spreading that bosses have no legendary drops in the loot table the more the issue is increasing with players jumping out after the second chest on any stronghold. How exactly would this be a none issue as you put it?

I didn't build my plvl 732 storm just to go run on normal, I built it so I could run the harder lvl end game content with a chance to further my characters progression, how would I do this if I just ran on normal all the time? At any rate if you could provide the link (or anyone that has the link) so I can put this thread to bed and move on, because until the dev's respond/fix this issue it will always be present and only get worse the more that find out about the boss loot tables.

Message 41 of 51 (186 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

If the main goal for you was to complete a challenge isn't it faster to complete a stronghold if you actually join in the very end of it, i.e. at the boss fight?

Message 42 of 51 (177 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not what I said at all.I think they should make ALL the loot that you would normally get from a stronghold run drop after the boss dies. So in other words Everything you would get now from a whole run from start to finish all the drops from the ground. all the chests, EVERYTHING, should drop After the boss dies

Message 43 of 51 (173 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it again here.  The best fix is for players accessing strongholds normally, to be queued up with others starting normally so that they all get thrown in to the beginning of HoR or any other Stronghold they queue up for; And, for the quickplay stronghold feature to be the only way to drop in mid or end-mission (ie at the Monitor).  Once they get the Quickplay issues fixed, I assume this is how it is supposed to work... 

If it works in this fashion, everyone gets what they bargained for, and no one needs to be reprimanded through bans or time-outs-- Cowards can still eject before the Monitor, and folks hoping to play all the way through should get a quickplay freelancer willing to step up and handle whatever situation a roll of the dice gets them. 

But, yes, another good fix is to make the a-hole Monitor fight worth it via loot (ie drop me some legendary or multiple masterworks).  The toughest content should be the most rewarding.   

Too many walls of text here, so I freely admit I didn't read anything.  If I repeated anyone's previous thoughts/suggestions, sorry, but you had a great idea!

Message 44 of 51 (165 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AI_AB_AI 

You continue to argue for you own selfish greed. There are no and there should not be any static loot drops from any event. If you are not happy with the loot table for the final encounter do not queue for the stronghold. The developers should not listen to the vocal few toxic gamers that continue to exploit and cheat just to gear up faster than intended. The majority of players are here to enjoy the experience and much like the OP stated that they do not wish to have their limited time wasted because of trash like you.

If you want to farm loot go to freeplay. The strongholds are a specific event and if you have no intentions of completing it in its entirety then do not queue for it or accept the ban for exploiting when it occurs.

Message 45 of 51 (152 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@AngelicEnforcer wrote:

@AI_AB_AI 

You continue to argue for you own selfish greed. There are no and there should not be any static loot drops from any event. If you are not happy with the loot table for the final encounter do not queue for the stronghold. The developers should not listen to the vocal few toxic gamers that continue to exploit and cheat just to gear up faster than intended. The majority of players are here to enjoy the experience and much like the OP stated that they do not wish to have their limited time wasted because of you.

If you want to farm loot go to freeplay. The strongholds are a specific event and if you have no intentions of completing it in its entirety then do not queue for it or accept the ban for exploiting when it occurs.

I have played both Freeplay on GM2 difficulty for about 3-4 hours during the weekend. During this time I have not received any legendary items and I have received only several MW. Sunday morning I have played HoR on GM1 difficulty for less than 3 hours and I have received about 15 MW and 4 legendary items. Personally, I find HoR as the most efficient way to farm loot in the game for now.

Could you explain what does "gear up as intended" mean? Was there an official post or note where the developers have described how and at what pace should the players gear up?

That said, there have been posted way better solutions for the issue within this and other threads. For instance, the players that start SH should always start it from the very beginning as this is not a quickplay when you should reinforce the existing squad.

Message 46 of 51 (125 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
While I share the OP's concern and the leaving in Heart is one of the reasons I'm taking a break, starting to punish players for farming isnt a good solution. Bioware needs to fix the root cause for this first, then they can start looking into ways to discourage people to abandon runs.
So for strongholds they first need to fix the reason why so many people dont stay for the boss (make killing the boss more rewarding than just doing the chest drops). after that they can start with punishing people who do not rejoin sessions (remember many people are still having crash issues).
Message 47 of 51 (119 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
Who are you to decide how people should play this game?
Since there is an issue with getting groups to finish HoR, it heavily suggests that the majority of players are doing this. If they don't find it fun to finish the boss, because it is not worth it, then you are saying that your fun is more important than their fun.

They are using a tool ingame to quit the activity. This is not an exploit. You need to change your perspective...if all members of a team quit before boss, then YOU are the one who would ruin their fun.

This is not a player issue. This is a design issue. One that Bioware is looking to fix.
Message 48 of 51 (101 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@@Razor_Murdock 

Agreed, this needs to be addressed objectively and constructively, as you and  AI Ab Ai keep trying to do. Not with assumptions based on personal misinformed opinions, calling for people to be banned because you don't agree with them, and assuming anyone has an inherent obligation to do anything for you because you feel entitled to it, because they don't...

It's a problem with the game and it's many issues. And yeah, it's plain to see how frustrating it is for people, especially if you don't have the whole day to play, and I agree with that. However, banning players for things that aren't bannable in the first place won't fix anything. This is the fault of the devs, not the players, that it's the only way to get legendaries due to mission chests being nerfed to the point of near uselessness and bosses having zero chance to drop them, which this is all about. Once the loot system gets fixed, (and they've said they will be fixing it), this will all blow over.

You can't compare MMO and moba setups and rules to this, because it's neither of those. It's up to the player base to help each other where possible and leave the toxic attitudes out of it. Less whining and more helping is the best thing to do right now. It'll be fixed soon, just be patient and help other players as best you can in the meantime.

Message 49 of 51 (49 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I think WoW has a good quitter system where you can't do a raid for 30 mins if you leave the raid early. If anthem applied something similar to dungeons, it would likely improve squad consistency. HOWEVER, currently many players avoid the boss fights because bosses don't drop legendary gear. If all I need is legendary gear, why would I waste my time on a boss fight?

Message 50 of 51 (55 Views)
Twitter Stream