Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Add Quit Timer Ban

by igotit4free

Original Post

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★★ Guide

Keys

All chest expect the final chest reward a key.

Once Boss is killed 2 chest drop 1 for all rewards. 1 for vanity items.(the promised chest to fix this)

List what loot was from each chest.

Drop or disconnect

Key is good for 1 random item. 2 keys 1 random item.

Farming

Don't know much on the topic. I personally feel it hurts game play. Players get stuck in a join / quit cycle looking to play a stronghold. The Key idea is away to promote finishing the stronghold.

Not Attacking The OP

I've seen this same discussion pop up over and over. Yes it's a issue, that needs to be fixed. This is my reply, you'll probably read it if you read the other post(s). Please don't view this as spamming, I'm just trying to promote a fix of some kind.

Message 31 of 51 (144 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Syruponbutter wrote:

Keys

All chest expect the final chest reward a key.

Once Boss is killed 2 chest drop 1 for all rewards. 1 for vanity items.(the promised chest to fix this)

List what loot was from each chest.

Drop or disconnect

Key is good for 1 random item. 2 keys 1 random item.

Farming

Don't know much on the topic. I personally feel it hurts game play. Players get stuck in a join / quit cycle looking to play a stronghold. The Key idea is away to promote finishing the stronghold.

Not Attacking The OP

I've seen this same discussion pop up over and over. Yes it's a issue, that needs to be fixed. This is my reply, you'll probably read it if you read the other post(s). Please don't view this as spamming, I'm just trying to promote a fix of some kind.

I like the key idea and can't wait for it to be added to the game, I don't think this will will truly fix the quitting issue as some will just ignore the vanity items (maybe make the items only there for a limited time and swapped out after xx amount of time?). I believe that adding legendary drops to the bosses table is best solution for everyone as it is a fair system to all players and an easy thing to do for the dev's. Maybe lower the drop rate in the stronghold itself (I said lower not remove) for legendary drops but increase the chance from a boss.

Yes I agree this is on Bioware for making such a * decision to not include legendary drops to bosses but either way something has to be done about the issue one way or another.

Message 32 of 51 (134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@igotit4free wrote:

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

If the game loads me into the boss fight I exit and restart again. I am not going to start SH from the boss fight as it is total waste of time to me as there is no guarantee that if I kill the boss I get a fresh start next time. It takes me less than 5 minutes to load a fresh start of the stronghold.

So it's ok to waste my time and any other players time that actually want to play the game as intended as long as your time isn't being wasted?

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

What is going to stop players from using Alt+F4, or End Task, or disconnect the network cable if your second solution is implemented?

Again you seem to have not fully understood/read what I actually wrote

2. If you quit intentionally (bringing up the map screen and selecting to exit the session) you lose all loot gained.

Try reading that part again and pay close attention to the 4th word in that sentence. The game would then know you intentionally quit out, NOT ALT F4, disconnected your cable etc etc... The game provides a solution for disconnects with the option to rejoin your existing session, if you select NO when asked to rejoin then it's obvious you were trying to fool the system set in place to gain your fast loot.

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

There might also be numerous real-life situations when someone has to stop playing, e.g. someone knocked at your door, you get an important phone call etc. that might require exiting the game. Should the players be banned in this case?

The if you become so busy that you can't complete the stronghold how does this bother/effect you with a small que ban. The que ban timer would have expired by the time you came back and would be able to play the game again as normal.

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

Is it going to be better if these players being unwilling to be banned in accordance with your solution will go AFK, won't fight enemies, won't do objectives, will die all the time and require revival etc.?

That's what a report function is for. I don't know what system you're playing on but on console we have a function to report players who quit early and are added to a block/ignore list so you don't get matched up with them again. It is a little slow at times before it kicks in but it works (and yes I did report all 23 players).

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

And what about weak players joining GM2 difficulty hoping that other players will carry them through the contract or stronghold? They die a lot, they do little to no damage. This also disturbs the gameplay and force players to exit because there is no fun in such gameplay, when you have to kill all enemies while these players stay somewhere hidden and wait when you clean up the area. And when you need to go to the next area of the SH these players will rush towards the next objective as fast as they can skipping the fight will all weak enemies that might drop a legendary? You are being tethered to the next area losing all chances of getting legendary items. So does it mean that if a player who does not want to carry other three players through the SH that player should be punished for exiting?

There are players who do not bother doing mission objectives such as collecting echoes, they stand still doing nothing and watch you collecting and bringing everything. There are players who don't fly towards the next mission area - they wait for you to go there, which will tether them to the next location automatically. This also disturbs the gameplay to other players and might force players to exit the mission/SH. Again your solution is going to punish legit players in this case.

What has any of what you just said got to do with players leaving because the first 2 chests have already been looted knowing that they now have 0 chance of getting anything to progress their characters progression with legendary drops? please stay on topic instead of adding in arguments that have nothing to do with my OP.

@SwooshDutch wrote:
Reeeeeee reeeeeee.... just play it on easy normal or hard if its completing the challenge you care so much about....its not like its news that gn2 and gm3 are being rushed and skipped for gear...and considering you didnt look for a other way to complete the daily change im pretty damn sure you just here to cry about how you cant get in on that sweet sweet loot...either way have a good one...next time play easy mode

So your solution if I'm not mistaken is to build a high lvl character for end game content only to go and play on easy/normal or hard (now missing an opportunity to progress my character further? What's the point of all this farming you are doing in the first place if no one runs the end game content. You farm 2 chests over and over, trying to get all the good loot and for what? Are you just hanging around the launch bay chatting up a storm with all that good loot to never actually run the end game content lol?

I have friends i dont need to hopelessly matchmake lol....some people only see problems where others see solutions...my point is not that you should completly avoid it but considering the limited play time and how everyone is running the stronghold atm it doesnt take much more than 2 brain cells to figure out a alternative way to complete the challenge until it gets fixed....

Message 33 of 51 (126 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SwooshDutch wrote:

I have friends i dont need to hopelessly matchmake lol....some people only see problems where others see solutions...my point is not that you should completly avoid it but considering the limited play time and how everyone is running the stronghold atm it doesnt take much more than 2 brain cells to figure out a alternative way to complete the challenge until it gets fixed....

I also have friends as I stated in my OP, when trying to play this game when they are offline is when these issues are affecting me. Before anyone chimes in with "oh there is LFG go do that is you want full runs" I can say the same to the quitters, you want to farm then go do it with your friends or go LFG where it doesn't impact anyone else.

What fix is this you speak of exactly? Can you provide a source on this showing confirmation that a fix is coming or are you just speculating?

Message 34 of 51 (119 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

I have checked your replies to my posts and I have trouble finding any sentences ending with a question mark that I could identify as a question and answer it.

Post #26, #29

Quote igotit4free:

So it's ok to waste my time and any other players time that actually want to play the game as intended as long as your time isn't being wasted?

Then if you become so busy that you can't complete the stronghold how does this bother/effect you with a small que ban.The que ban timer would have expired by the time you came back and would be able to play the game again as normal.

What has any of what you just said got to do with players leaving because the first 2 chests have already been looted knowing that they now have 0 chance of getting anything to progress their characters progression with legendary drops?

Where in any of my posts did I say it was a bigger issue than any of the many other bugs in this game.

Granted 2 of these questions do not have a question mark and that's on me. If you had read them (like you said you did, and even stated you went back and checked but still failed to see any questions) these are clearly questions.

Your posts are very contradicting, you say you have no problem with quitters as you can finish the boss solo

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

Personally, I have no issues with players leaving before the boss fight. I can fight the boss with or without them. It is up to them to leave or not to leave.

But in another reply you state that you would quit out if you're loaded into a boss fight...

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

If the game loads me into the boss fight I exit and restart again. I am not going to start SH from the boss fight as it is total waste of time to me as there is no guarantee that if I kill the boss I get a fresh start next time. It takes me less than 5 minutes to load a fresh start of the stronghold.

so which it is? You can't have your cake and eat it too...

Please feel free to go and reply to other threads AI_AB_AI as I wont be replying to your post anymore. You clearly have nothing constructive to add to this discussion other than contradicting posts or bang on about other issues in the game that have nothing to do with my OP, Thank-you for your time AI_AB_AI.

Message 35 of 51 (112 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I still prefer the no loot idea for early quitters,  as in if they quit they lose all loot from the stronghold.  Also dont que us halfway into a stronghold unless we choose quickplay.

Message 36 of 51 (101 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@igotit4free wrote:

What has any of what you just said got to do with players leaving because the first 2 chests have already been looted knowing that they now have 0 chance of getting anything to progress their characters progression with legendary drops?

Where in any of my posts did I say it was a bigger issue than any of the many other bugs in this game.

Granted 2 of these questions do not have a question mark and that's on me. If you had read them (like you said you did, and even stated you went back and checked but still failed to see any questions) these are clearly questions.

Your posts are very contradicting, you say you have no problem with quitters as you can finish the boss solo

But in another reply you state that you would quit out if you're loaded into a boss fight...

so which it is? You can't have your cake and eat it too...

Please feel free to go and reply to other threads AI_AB_AI as I wont be replying to your post anymore. You clearly have nothing constructive to add to this discussion other than contradicting posts or bang on about other issues in the game that have nothing to do with my OP, Thank-you for your time AI_AB_AI.

I have never contradicted myself in this thread. If I start HoT and its starts from the very beginning than in 90% of the cases I am going to complete it including the boss fight. However, if HoT is loaded on the final boss fight after the second chest is looted I quit and restart HoT until I get a fresh start from the very beginning. At most it takes me about 3-4 restarts to start HoT from the very beginning and this does not bother me at all. 3-4 restarts take less than 5 minutes so I would not call this a waste of time.

Indeed I am confident that I can complete the boss fight solo. I am unable to test it though as it is not possible to start SH in private group. I was left alone after three other players left after the second chest in HoR, however, three new players joined me when I was fighting the Monitor in the first area of the fight. So there were four of us fighting the Monitor. And this is also the reason why it does not bother me that some players leave early. But as I have stated above, personally, I would not fight Monitor if I join the game at the boss fight after the second chest.

Within OP you have covered an existing issue with SHs and proposed several solutions including banning the players for leaving the SHs after the second chest is looted before the boss fight, which disrupts your gameplay. So you are speaking of disruptive gameplay induced by other players. In my reply to your suggestion I have pointed out that there are other situations when other players might disrupt your gameplay (such as weak players joining GM difficulties when they are not ready for that). This might force strong players to quit the mission because it is a waste of time for them to carry weak players through the mission/SH. This way a 20 minute run can easily become a 40 minute run or even more. If they ban players for exiting early this would mean that if weak players disrupt the game for a strong player and forces the latter to leave, this strong player is than penalized for leaving early by the ban. So this player becomes punished with bad teammates, a waste of time, and a ban resulting in even more waste of time.

What I wanted to hear from you is how this case should be handled as the ban implementation that you have proposed will definitely affect these players.

How to handle a case when a player starts the mission with a wrong loadout, exits to change it? Should such player also get a ban for leaving the mission/SH early?

Message 37 of 51 (98 Views)

★★★ Guide

@igotit4free wrote:

@SwooshDutch wrote:

I also have friends as I stated in my OP, when trying to play this game when they are offline is when these issues are affecting me. Before anyone chimes in with "oh there is LFG go do that is you want full runs" I can say the same to the quitters, you want to farm then go do it with your friends or go LFG where it doesn't impact anyone else.

What fix is this you speak of exactly? Can you provide a source on this showing confirmation that a fix is coming or are you just speculating?

The devs have already responded to posts on reddit... and like i said you had the option to go in low level considering your excuse is its for the challenges it should not really matter that much...but lets be real here we all know you just wanted to run it for loot....otherwise it would of been a none issue...

Message 38 of 51 (93 Views)

★★★ Guide

Meh. Ain't much to me either way. I don't quit stuff unless that annoying "real life" imp shows up demanding attention.

Message 39 of 51 (91 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hahah. Funny coversation 😂
Message 40 of 51 (81 Views)
Twitter Stream