Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Add Quit Timer Ban

by igotit4free
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

Sorry that isn't an argument for guaranteed Legendary drops, its an argument to fix the drop rate. What happens if they have both, do they then remove one? Argue for your suggestion don't throw in some other irrelevant garbage, the two have nothing to do with each other. Legendary's are still better than MW's, even without the so called god rolls.


What exactly was irrelevant in my post? OP's major problem is players leaving the SH before the boss fight and I have explained why does this happen and offered a simple solution. I don't see anything wrong in getting a legendary for defeating a boss.

 

Currently HoR is probably the most effective way to farm legendaries. So if the drop rate is increased in other activities in the game - players are going to farm in different places and this could also be a solution to OP's issue.

 

Note that these two simple solutions would drastically reduce the number of players leaving before the final boss fight without any necessity to issue bans. These solutions will easily make players happy, while banning players for playing the game will result in bad publicity and will result in the decrease of the player base, bad reviews, players moving to other games and players avoiding buying and playing Anthem.

 

I suggest a win-win solution for the issue, while banning players (even for 30 mins) is a lose-lose solution.



@AI_AB_AI wrote:

Could you also provide details how does leaving before the boss fight disrupt the play? How does it impact your gameplay? 



Again I guess you misses this part of my post also so I will say it again just for you,

 

Quote igotit4free:

 

My gaming time is limited so when I jump in and waste over 2h's of the 3 or 4 hours I can play trying to complete a simple daily and watch 23 players join then quit out /Quote

 

I was never able to finish this run. I was not able to pick up any players that did try to stay when downed as the game doesn't register they are in the stronghold with so many people joining and quitting. I could solo the first section but when I got to the acid fight I ended up dying which resulted in the whole fight starting all over again. I did this 3 times and in the end just had enough (impacting mine and many other players time/gaming experience and now i'm the one who is punished for basically trying to play the game as intended). I'm not alone in this and it impacts any players trying to play the game as intended.


@igotit4free wrote:

 

Everyone is on the "don't punish players for quitting out" wagon but yet no one see's that the players who intended to start the stronghold and finish it to the end (play the game as it was intended/designed) are being punished right now and are the real victims here. Why should myself and may others that are trying to "play the game" be the ones that are punished/disrupted?

 

If you quit out intentionally and received a 30min ban timer for joining any activity you would think twice before doing so again. Please dont even go there with the "oh I got disconnected/errors blah blah". I could walk over and pull my internet cable then cry wolf and say I got "disconnected". Many games (Destiny/COD/HALO/Neverwinter/ESO/WOW etc...) for years have measures in place for this very thing, does it hurt their game....no it only improves the quality of play for everyone. 

 

 

1 of 3 simple solutions that would fix this once and for all

 

1. Add legendary drops to the bosses loot table (in my eyes the best solution).

2. If you quit intentionally (bringing up the map screen and selecting to exit the session) you lose all loot gained.

3. If you quit intentionally (bringing up the map screen and selecting to exit the session) you receive a wait timer/Que ban across all activities for xx amount of time (30mins?).

 

Any one or all of the above would nip this in the butt and we could all get back to "playing the game".

 


If the game loads me into the boss fight I exit and restart again. I am not going to start SH from the boss fight as it is total waste of time to me as there is no guarantee that if I kill the boss I get a fresh start next time. It takes me less than 5 minutes to load a fresh start of the stronghold.

 

What is going to stop players from using Alt+F4, or End Task, or disconnect the network cable if your second solution is implemented?

 

There might also be numerous real-life situations when someone has to stop playing, e.g. someone knocked at your door, you get an important phone call etc. that might require exiting the game. Should the players be banned in this case?

 

Is it going to be better if these players being unwilling to be banned in accordance with your solution will go AFK, won't fight enemies, won't do objectives, will die all the time and require revival etc.?

 

 

And what about weak players joining GM2 difficulty hoping that other players will carry them through the contract or stronghold? They die a lot, they do little to no damage. This also disturbs the gameplay and force players to exit because there is no fun in such gameplay, when you have to kill all enemies while these players stay somewhere hidden and wait when you clean up the area. And when you need to go to the next area of the SH these players will rush towards the next objective as fast as they can skipping the fight will all weak enemies that might drop a legendary? You are being tethered to the next area losing all chances of getting legendary items. So does it mean that if a player who does not want to carry other three players through the SH that player should be punished for exiting?

 

There are players who do not bother doing mission objectives such as collecting echoes, they stand still doing nothing and watch you collecting and bringing everything. There are players who don't fly towards the next mission area - they wait for you to go there, which will tether them to the next location automatically. This also disturbs the gameplay to other players and might force players to exit the mission/SH. Again your solution is going to punish legit players in this case.

Message 21 of 51 (164 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★ Guide

@igotit4free wrote:
@AI_AB_AI wrote:

Could you also provide details how does leaving before the boss fight disrupt the play? How does it impact your gameplay? 



Again I guess you misses this part of my post also so I will say it again just for you,

 

Quote igotit4free:

 

My gaming time is limited so when I jump in and waste over 2h's of the 3 or 4 hours I can play trying to complete a simple daily and watch 23 players join then quit out /Quote

 

I was never able to finish this run. I was not able to pick up any players that did try to stay when downed as the game doesn't register they are in the stronghold with so many people joining and quitting. I could solo the first section but when I got to the acid fight I ended up dying which resulted in the whole fight starting all over again. I did this 3 times and in the end just had enough (impacting mine and many other players time/gaming experience and now i'm the one who is punished for basically trying to play the game as intended). I'm not alone in this and it impacts any players trying to play the game as intended.

 


@BigKingWoof wrote:

Adding a punishment for abandoning a mission is a bad idea in this game's current state. It's so unstable that it's guaranteed that you'll get disconnected/game crash/Load Pilot Error. You'll punish those leaving the mission on their own terms, but you'd also be punishing those victim to the stability issues who are forced out of the game. If I start getting punished because the game can't even load in my character properly, then I would certainly raise hell. I wouldn't appreciate me being punished for even trying to play their game.

So when it impacts you, then you would raise hell but it's ok that I and many others get punished for trying to play the game because this particular intense doesn't affect you?. I very much doubt the dev's designed a stronghold with the full intention of players quitting out after the last chest, please....0_o

 


@Umagon-1 wrote:

The dailies do not have a difficulty requirement. If you are only looking to complete them for the coin it’s easier to do in normal mode than in GM2-3.


I never said they did, but why would I (or anyone for that matter) build a high lvl character (i'm plvl 732) only to run content on normal with zero chance of any further progression?

 

Everyone is on the "don't punish players for quitting out" wagon but yet no one see's that the players who intended to start the stronghold and finish it to the end (play the game as it was intended/designed) are being punished right now and are the real victims here. Why should myself and may others that are trying to "play the game" be the ones that are punished/disrupted?

 

If you quit out intentionally and received a 30min ban timer for joining any activity you would think twice before doing so again. Please dont even go there with the "oh I got disconnected/errors blah blah". I could walk over and pull my internet cable then cry wolf and say I got "disconnected". Many games (Destiny/COD/HALO/Neverwinter/ESO/WOW etc...) for years have measures in place for this very thing, does it hurt their game....no it only improves the quality of play for everyone. 

 

 

1 of 3 simple solutions that would fix this once and for all

 

1. Add legendary drops to the bosses loot table (in my eyes the best solution).

2. If you quit intentionally (bringing up the map screen and selecting to exit the session) you lose all loot gained.

3. If you quit intentionally (bringing up the map screen and selecting to exit the session) you receive a wait timer/Que ban across all activities for xx amount of time (30mins?).

 

Any one or all of the above would nip this in the butt and we could all get back to "playing the game".

 


Reeeeeee reeeeeee.... just play it on easy normal or hard if its completing the challenge you care so much about....its not like its news that gn2 and gm3 are being rushed and skipped for gear...and considering you didnt look for a other way to complete the daily change im pretty damn sure you just here to cry about how you cant get in on that sweet sweet loot...either way have a good one...next time play easy mode

Message 22 of 51 (157 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

Champion

@AI_AB_AI You brought up some good reasons where I would quit a Stronghold--especially on higher difficulties--regardless of whether there was some penalty involved or not.


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 23 of 51 (154 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★★★★ Apprentice

They should just make ALL the loot drop after the boss is dead, no chests or drops except at the end. But still get the same amount as you would now.
Message 24 of 51 (150 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★ Guide

@1nfinityEagle wrote:

They should just make ALL the loot drop after the boss is dead, no chests or drops except at the end. But still get the same amount as you would now.

Are you really suggesting removing all drops from all enemies in a looter-shooter?

Message 25 of 51 (141 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★★ Apprentice

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote:

If the game loads me into the boss fight I exit and restart again. I am not going to start SH from the boss fight as it is total waste of time to me as there is no guarantee that if I kill the boss I get a fresh start next time. It takes me less than 5 minutes to load a fresh start of the stronghold.

 

So it's ok to waste my time and any other players time that actually want to play the game as intended as long as your time isn't being wasted?

 

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote:

 

What is going to stop players from using Alt+F4, or End Task, or disconnect the network cable if your second solution is implemented?

 

 

Again you seem to have not fully understood/read what I actually wrote

 

2. If you quit intentionally (bringing up the map screen and selecting to exit the session) you lose all loot gained.

 

Try reading that part again and pay close attention to the 4th word in that sentence. The game would then know you intentionally quit out, NOT ALT F4, disconnected your cable etc etc... The game provides a solution for disconnects with the option to rejoin your existing session, if you select NO when asked to rejoin then it's obvious you were trying to fool the system set in place to gain your fast loot.

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote:

 

There might also be numerous real-life situations when someone has to stop playing, e.g. someone knocked at your door, you get an important phone call etc. that might require exiting the game. Should the players be banned in this case?


 

 

The if you become so busy that you can't complete the stronghold how does this bother/effect you with a small que ban. The que ban timer would have expired by the time you came back and would be able to play the game again as normal.

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote:

 

Is it going to be better if these players being unwilling to be banned in accordance with your solution will go AFK, won't fight enemies, won't do objectives, will die all the time and require revival etc.?


 

That's what a report function is for. I don't know what system you're playing on but on console we have a function to report players who quit early and are added to a block/ignore list so you don't get matched up with them again. It is a little slow at times before it kicks in but it works (and yes I did report all 23 players).

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote:

 

And what about weak players joining GM2 difficulty hoping that other players will carry them through the contract or stronghold? They die a lot, they do little to no damage. This also disturbs the gameplay and force players to exit because there is no fun in such gameplay, when you have to kill all enemies while these players stay somewhere hidden and wait when you clean up the area. And when you need to go to the next area of the SH these players will rush towards the next objective as fast as they can skipping the fight will all weak enemies that might drop a legendary? You are being tethered to the next area losing all chances of getting legendary items. So does it mean that if a player who does not want to carry other three players through the SH that player should be punished for exiting?

 

There are players who do not bother doing mission objectives such as collecting echoes, they stand still doing nothing and watch you collecting and bringing everything. There are players who don't fly towards the next mission area - they wait for you to go there, which will tether them to the next location automatically. This also disturbs the gameplay to other players and might force players to exit the mission/SH. Again your solution is going to punish legit players in this case.

 


 

What has any of what you just said got to do with players leaving because the first 2 chests have already been looted knowing that they now have 0 chance of getting anything to progress their characters progression with legendary drops? please stay on topic instead of adding in arguments that have nothing to do with my OP.

 


@SwooshDutch wrote:
Reeeeeee reeeeeee.... just play it on easy normal or hard if its completing the challenge you care so much about....its not like its news that gn2 and gm3 are being rushed and skipped for gear...and considering you didnt look for a other way to complete the daily change im pretty damn sure you just here to cry about how you cant get in on that sweet sweet loot...either way have a good one...next time play easy mode

So your solution if I'm not mistaken is to build a high lvl character for end game content only to go and play on easy/normal or hard (now missing an opportunity to progress my character further? What's the point of all this farming you are doing in the first place if no one runs the end game content. You farm 2 chests over and over, trying to get all the good loot and for what? Are you just hanging around the launch bay chatting up a storm with all that good loot to never actually run the end game content lol?

 

Message 26 of 51 (132 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★ Guide

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

@1nfinityEagle wrote:

They should just make ALL the loot drop after the boss is dead, no chests or drops except at the end. But still get the same amount as you would now.

Are you really suggesting removing all drops from all enemies in a looter-shooter?


i dont think he means that. just the guaranteed drops. and tbh i dont see anything wrong with that. if you drop out of the instance, you can just rejoin. though i read that some people had an issue where they didnt get their bossloot when downed. theyd need to fix that first, or let you stay for longer after the boss is downed. and it could also make the boss kill not as anti climactic. at least some peeps were complaining bout that

Message 27 of 51 (127 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@igotit4free wrote:

 


So it's ok to waste my time and any other players time that actually want to play the game as intended as long as your time isn't being wasted?

 

 

Again you seem to have not fully understood/read what I actually wrote

 

2. If you quit intentionally (bringing up the map screen and selecting to exit the session) you lose all loot gained.

 

Try reading that part again and pay close attention to the 4th word in that sentence. The game would then know you intentionally quit out, NOT ALT F4, disconnected your cable etc etc... The game provides a solution for disconnects with the option to rejoin your existing session, if you select NO when asked to rejoin then it's obvious you were trying to fool the system set in place to gain your fast loot.

 


 

The if you become so busy that you can't complete the stronghold how does this bother/effect you with a small que ban. The que ban timer would have expired by the time you came back and would be able to play the game again as normal.

 


 

That's what a report function is for. I don't know what system you're playing on but on console we have a function to report players who quit early and are added to a block/ignore list so you don't get matched up with them again. It is a little slow at times before it kicks in but it works (and yes I did report all 23 players).

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote:

 

 

There are players who do not bother doing mission objectives such as collecting echoes, they stand still doing nothing and watch you collecting and bringing everything. There are players who don't fly towards the next mission area - they wait for you to go there, which will tether them to the next location automatically. This also disturbs the gameplay to other players and might force players to exit the mission/SH. Again your solution is going to punish legit players in this case.

 


 

What has any of what you just said got to do with players leaving because the first 2 chests have already been looted knowing that they now have 0 chance of getting anything to progress their characters progression with legendary drops? please stay on topic instead of adding in arguments that have nothing to do with my OP.


As I said it takes me less than 5 minutes to get a fresh start in HoR. I hardly find this as a time being wasted.

 

Players can intentionally press Alt+F4 or kill the task or the game might simply CTD. How would you identify the cause of the disconnect? You can rejoin the game if you restart it within certain time. However, I had an issue with being unable to restart the game, not even after restarting my PC. The play button was simply grayed out. Somehow the game did start when I pressed "Join" button to join one of my friends.

 

It bothers me if I have an urgent matter that I can resolve fast enough (e.g. within 5 minutes). So should I then wait 25 minutes to be able to play? That's nonsense. This would make players leave for good.

 

And why is "players leaving early" issue more important compared to "players want to be carried through the mission" issue? Both issues might disturb the gameplay, and I would say that the latter issue might be disturbing the gameplay even more compared to the first one.

 

Several times I was forced to exit the mission as I did not want to carry others through it. Do you suggest that I should have been punished because I had to leave the game early due to other players being underpowered for the difficulty we were playing at (dying all the time, waiting for me to revive them, dying again, and waiting for me to clean the whole are to get to the chest)? There was no fun for me to play at all this way.

Message 28 of 51 (120 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

 

@AI_AB_AI wrote: 

Players can intentionally press Alt+F4 or kill the task or the game might simply CTD. How would you identify the cause of the disconnect? You can rejoin the game if you restart it within certain time

 


 


I have already said now multiple times, please feel free to go back and actually read what i wrote.

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote: 


It bothers me if I have an urgent matter that I can resolve fast enough (e.g. within 5 minutes). So should I then wait 25 minutes to be able to play? That nonsense. This would make players leave for good.

 




What's nonsense is you actually believe that, it hasn't stopped/killed others games that have these measures in place like I've already mentioned (COD/HALO/Destiny/Neverwinter/WOW/ESO just to name a few) 

 


@AI_AB_AI wrote: 



And why is "players leaving early" issue more important compared to "players want to be carried through the mission" issue?


 


Where in any of my posts did I say it was a bigger issue than any of the many other bugs in this game. In fact I even said I understand that this might not be priority with all the bugs in the game but it is becoming a joke. 

 



Quote igotit4free:


 I understand there are a lot of bugs still in the game and this might not be top priority but it's just becoming a joke.

 




I provide you an answer to your replies but you never answer mine, instead you just bang on about other issues that are in the game which has nothing to do with what this discussion is about


I ask all you loot chest farmers that quit out after the second chest, what exactly are you farming for if you're not playing the end game content?, You all want loot but for what? You don't do anything with it other than horde it for the sake of having it.

Message 29 of 51 (84 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★ Guide

@igotit4free wrote:

 

I provide you an answer to your replies but you never answer mine, instead you just bang on about other issues that are in the game which has nothing to do with what this discussion is about


I ask all you loot chest farmers that quit out after the second chest, what exactly are you farming for if you're not playing the end game content?, You all want loot but for what? You don't do anything with it other than horde it for the sake of having it.


I have checked your replies to my posts and I have trouble finding any sentences ending with a question mark that I could identify as a question and answer it.

 

In 90% of the cases I complete HoR by defeating the boss and it does not bother me even if all three other players leave. I enjoy the game as it is. For me the end game content is getting better items than I already have. For instance, I would like to find a weapon that would beat the one I have. I would like to find a legendary Mark of Wrath component preferably with thruster life inscription. I have a legendary Tome of Precision component with Supply +45% drop rate and Repair +30% drop rate inscriptions, which are kind of useless so I could definitely get a better one. With RNG loot there is always a chance of finding something better than you already have.

 

Items with better inscriptions allow increasing the game difficulty and feel more comfortable on higher difficulties.

Message 30 of 51 (75 Views)
Twitter Stream