Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Add Quit Timer Ban

by igotit4free

Original Post

Highlighted

Add Quit Timer Ban

★★★ Apprentice

I've just wasted 2.5 hours trying to complete my THOR(The Heart of Rage) Stronghold daily on Grandmaster 2 only to watch 23 players join then quit out as soon as they seen the stronghold was at the first section of the Monitor fight. Either add legendary drops to bosses or implement a quit ban timer (30mins?) across all activities for quitting out after the second chest. I'm so sick of it that I refuse to play the game anymore until something is done. I understand there are a lot of bugs still in the game and this might not be top priority but it's just becoming a joke.

Players join, see they missed the 2 chests on any Stronghold then quit out or run it until the second chest then quit. Unless I'm playing with my friends I can't even complete a simple daily let alone try to run Strongholds when my friends are offline. The fact that the bosses don't even have legendary drops in the loot table (not to mention the fact dev's admitting it to their community) is the dumbest move in gaming history. Way to go Bioware.....GG

Message 1 of 51 (544 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Add Quit Timer Ban

★★ Guide

Why ban players instead of making it worth fighting the final boss, e.g. by adding a legendary drop for defeating the final boss?

Message 2 of 51 (532 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Quote igotit4free:

Either add legendary drops to bosses or

/Quote

I guess you missed that part of my post. Did you read the post or just the title?

My gaming time is limited so when I jump in and waste over 2h's of the 3 or 4 hours I can play trying to complete a simple daily and watch 23 players join then quit out....is why. As I said in my OP either add legendary drops to the bosses loot table and/or ban them for disruptive play. The game is full of places to go farm that doesnt impact other players experience/play time.

Message 3 of 51 (517 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Adding a punishment for abandoning a mission is a bad idea in this game's current state. It's so unstable that it's guaranteed that you'll get disconnected/game crash/Load Pilot Error. You'll punish those leaving the mission on their own terms, but you'd also be punishing those victim to the stability issues who are forced out of the game. If I start getting punished because the game can't even load in my character properly, then I would certainly raise hell. I wouldn't appreciate me being punished for even trying to play their game.

And don't even start with the "You have a chance to rejoin!" nonsense. If you crash, you have to restart the client/console, boot up the game again, and wait for the game to stop flashing it's logo's at you, wait even longer for it to sign you in, then a little more to connect, and even a little longer to load you into the game. Clearly, by that time, your mission is either finished, or the spot has been filled. Even if you don't have to restart the client/console, it's more than likely that you'll be met with the Load Pilot Error message again and again, or it just crashes out right.

If anything, the solution could be what you said in that the boss should drop legendary gear. Another solution would be to put a chest after the boss fight as well. Because as it stands, it's not worth fighting the Monitor in g2 and g3. G1 is alright, but one Masterwork isn't worth it to me.

Message 4 of 51 (503 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The dailies do not have a difficulty requirement. If you are only looking to complete them for the coin it’s easier to do in normal mode than in GM2-3.

Message 5 of 51 (489 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
EA need to take note from other games, eso(elder scrolls online) has a wait timer if you leave a dungeon if you don't complete it. I think that would help a lot in the strongholds.
Message 6 of 51 (484 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

@Bloodydeath7646 wrote:
EA need to take note from other games, eso(elder scrolls online) has a wait timer if you leave a dungeon if you don't complete it. I think that would help a lot in the strongholds.

That’s a perfectly reasonable idea as a supplement to improving boss loot, provided it lets you rejoin an instance if you disconnect.

Message 7 of 51 (462 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@igotit4free wrote:

Quote igotit4free:

/Quote

I guess you missed that part of my post. Did you read the post or just the title?

My gaming time is limited so when I jump in and waste over 2h's of the 3 or 4 hours I can play trying to complete a simple daily and watch 23 players join then quit out....is why. As I said in my OP either add legendary drops to the bosses loot table and/or ban them for disruptive play. The game is full of places to go farm that doesnt impact other players experience/play time.

I did not miss any parts of your post. Adding a legendary drop is the simplest solution. The only reason why players leave is that the final boss fight is not worth the reward. You simply lose time on this fight as you are not going to get any useful items from the boss unless you just reached LVL 30 and you just started building a MW javelin. Why ban players for the design flaw of the game? It is the game that forces the players to leave before the final boss fight.

Could you also provide details how does leaving before the boss fight disrupt the play? How does it impact your gameplay? In the worst case scenario I had to restart HoR three times today to get a fresh start.

Could you provide a more efficient way to farm legendaries? HoR has a legendary titan, two legendary furies, two chests, and plenty of mobs.

Every time I played HoR today I have received several MW excluding the one received from the boss fight on GM1. I did 6 legendary contracts since the server-side patch and I have received a 2-3 MW total while completing all 6 of them on GM2 excluding the reward for completing the mission. Freeplay requires way more time to play. In addition to that you get 5 items from the SH chests, while Freeplay World Event chests drop 3-4 items at best. If you are unlucky then you might get only embers from the World Event chest, which happened to me several times yesterday. So I hardly see how it is possible to farm items more efficiently than doing HoR runs.

Personally, I have no issues with players leaving before the boss fight. I can fight the boss with or without them. It is up to them to leave or not to leave.

Message 8 of 51 (457 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I ran heart of rage on GM2 8 or 9 times today.

Every single time I joined at the start of the Monitor fight.

Every single time I saw multiple squad members join then drop out immediately.

I get that it would be flawed to punish anyone that disconnects, but:

1 - Presumably they can tell who quits (esc menu, quit expedition) and who loses connection

2 - Presumably they could track the players habits and see "9/10 times manually quit the mission immediately at the start of stage 3"

3 - They could then punish those who frequently manually leave the mission at the same point.

Or what I'd personally like to see (although it'd * off everyone) they could track all drops earned through the whole mission (stages and mob drops) and put them all in the final drop for finishing the boss fight.

If I join a stronghold I want to play it from the start. Not to get as much loot as possible, but because I play for fun. Repeating the same tedious boss fight time and time again is not fun.

Message 9 of 51 (452 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

@igotit4free wrote:

Quote igotit4free:

/Quote

I did not miss any parts of your post. Adding a legendary drop is the simplest solution. The only reason why players leave is that the final boss fight is not worth the reward. You simply lose time on this fight as you are not going to get any useful items from the boss unless you just reached LVL 30 and you just started building a MW javelin. Why ban players for the design flaw of the game? It is the game that forces the players to leave before the final boss fight.

Could you also provide details how does leaving before the boss fight disrupt the play? How does it impact your gameplay? In the worst case scenario I had to restart HoR three times today to get a fresh start.

Could you provide a more efficient way to farm legendaries? HoR has a legendary titan, two legendary furies, two chests, and plenty of mobs.

Every time I played HoR today I have received several MW excluding the one received from the boss fight on GM1. I did 6 legendary contracts since the server-side patch and I have received a 2-3 MW total while completing all 6 of them on GM2 excluding the reward for completing the mission. Freeplay requires way more time to play. In addition to that you get 5 items from the SH chests, while Freeplay World Event chests drop 3-4 items at best. If you are unlucky then you might get only embers from the World Event chest, which happened to me several times yesterday. So I hardly see how it is possible to farm items more efficiently than doing HoR runs.

Personally, I have no issues with players leaving before the boss fight. I can fight the boss with or without them. It is up to them to leave or not to leave.

No to farmable, guaranteed Legendary drops. Bad for the game imo.

Message 10 of 51 (446 Views)
Twitter Stream