Active your Login Verification now to prevent being banned

by d9b5e51c1fc01f280c62beb397ea7d88

Original Post

Active your Login Verification now to prevent being banned

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just got banned because of "cheating" that I didn't do 100% with my life on the line I can assure you that. I do not share my account with anyone nor have malware/virus in my PC. Apparently some hackers can brute force login into our EA accounts and use our account to cheat. I couldn't comprehend the reason behind it though. Just do it before it's too late for you. All my hard grinds to get skins and the reports that I made against cheaters with the mind of combating cheaters is all for naught now. I hope EA team has some humanity in them and actually unban us who are innocent buuuuutt I don't think that will happen. 

Message 1 of 3 (216 Views)

Re: Active your Login Verification now to prevent being banned

Hey @d9b5e51c1fc01f280c62beb397ea7d88 !

Unfortunately, we cannot help with account bans on AHQ.

If you feel your account was flagged as a false positive, you best reach out to the Terms of Service team.

Click here to reach out to the Terms of Service team.

They try to reply within 5 business days but it could take a bit longer due to the increased safety measures being put in place.
Just keep an eye on your mailbox and also check your spam and promotion folders as sometimes these emails can get routed over there.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: Active your Login Verification now to prevent being banned

★★★★★ Guide

@d9b5e51c1fc01f280c62beb397ea7d88

https://help.ea.com/uk/help/account/ea-login-verification-information/

1. Never use same email and password combination for more than one site. If one gets compromised then so does another site.

2. Before enabling 2FA authentication. Please check what steps are needed in case your phone is actually lost/stolen. Something people always forget about! i.e. SMS verification but then can't login if phone gone. What are next steps! Or if unable to access email even.

3. Recommend a password manager. You're bound to have like over 20 logins for social media/forums/personal services like household gas,electricity and telecoms provider site login. Don't get lazy by re-using same password again. Use something like LastPass which has apps for Chrome/smartphone. Lastpass has nice feature where you get it to scan your logins to check for duplicates/weak passwords once a while on demand.

4. Don't rely on password managers to not lose your login data! You can do encrypted backup of password vault somewhere else safe i.e. Dropbox separately.

5. Don't used obvious passwords where "a" is replaced by "4" or "i" replaced with "1" i.e. g33kh4ck. Still too easy. Include symbols and uppercase.

Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)