Acessing a guide for a game to use while playing the game?

by mariaandanna

Original Post

Acessing a guide for a game to use while playing the game?

★★★ Newbie

Origin client gives the option for using a game guide while playing the game. It is supposed to be able to see the guide alongside the game.

Does anyone know exactly how this works?  How do I set this up? I've always wanted to have an ingame guide so this sounds great to me.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (557 Views)

Re: Acessing a guide for a game to use while playing the game?

EA DICE Team

@mariaandanna

Hi,

Is this something that you would like to see in the client? We currently don't have the option in Origin to provide an in-game guide, though that would certainly be cool. 

Message 2 of 5 (532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Origin started now. I go to Application Settings, and then over to

the More tab, and from there to Origin In-Game. I enable Origin In-Game. Then down a little there is the

Window Pinning Keyboard Shortcut. I hover my mouse over the Question Mark and it says:

"Set the key combination you'd like to use for pinning. This will let you open a walkthrough or guide in

Origin In-Game and keep it visible as you play".

I haven't tried to use this function yet, and was wondering exactly how it works. Can you figure this out?

Thanks much!  :-)

EA_Tom wrote:

@mariaandanna

Hi,

Is this something that you would like to see in the client? We currently don't have the option in Origin to provide an in-game guide, though that would certainly be cool. 

Message 3 of 5 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@mariaandanna@Straatford87

This feature works. By default the shortcut key to pin a window is Shift+F2. So first you open the Origin in-game overlay with Shift+F1, then open something like the web browser where you can search for your game guide, and then press Shift+F2 (or click the little pin icon in the top-right corner of the window). You might have to again mouse over the pin button and then it gives opacity settings for the pinned window. Mine was at 5% opacity by default, making the window hardly visible, so I bumped it up to 50% in the attached example. When you press Shift+F1 again to close the in-game overlay the pinned window remains visible.

Message 4 of 5 (508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@JanePhoenixwrote:

@mariaandanna@Straatford87

This feature works. By default the shortcut key to pin a window is Shift+F2. So first you open the Origin in-game overlay with Shift+F1, then open something like the web browser where you can search for your game guide, and then press Shift+F2 (or click the little pin icon in the top-right corner of the window). You might have to again mouse over the pin button and then it gives opacity settings for the pinned window. Mine was at 5% opacity by default, making the window hardly visible, so I bumped it up to 50% in the attached example. When you press Shift+F1 again to close the in-game overlay the pinned window remains visible.

Jane! Thank you so very much for stepping into this conversation! It's too bad that EA themselves couldn't answer this. I am so grateful you are

here. Once I am in my game I do all of that, and then I can switch back and forth with the shorcut key to scroll in the guide, click the links etc.

and see it in 100 percent opacity or whatever opacity I want.

Again, Thank You!!!!!! This is a deal breaker for me to see more origin games.

Message 5 of 5 (494 Views)