Account incorrectly banned

by p0rtalgeek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account incorrectly banned

★★ Novice

After six or seven years of being a user, I found out today that my account has been banned with no explanation given.

I found this out while trying to file a support ticket for a failure to log into Origin.

Sign in failure

Upon attempting to open the ticket, I found that my Origin account was either suspended or banned with no reason given. After sifting through emails, I have not found any effort on their end to contact me about the ban/suspension. I have not opened Origin in weeks/months (It's been a long time, and I don't remember how long. I believe I played The Sims 4 last? Maybe Titanfall 2?)

I have submitted a support ticket, but have to wait around 72 hours before my ticket gets processed. I am not happy about this.

Even so much of an explanation for my ban would be welcomed, but for the time being, I've got nothing.

Message 1 of 11 (1,130 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account incorrectly banned

★★ Novice

UPDATE:

My account is now back. Support ticket never went anywhere, but I did get an email about my account getting locked out for suspicious activity. I contacted support for that, and met a real nice guy (Thank you Muskan!) who helped out. Turns out, some russian guy had attempted to buy four copies of Fifa 20. Thankfully, the card I had associated with the account was expired, and all purchases were rejected, but it is all good now. I'm closing my tickets and this thread.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (939 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

The silence is deafening.

Message 2 of 11 (1,077 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @p0rtalgeek.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 11 (1,015 Views)

★★ Novice

I've already done that. I filled out that form yesterday. No response yet.

Message 4 of 11 (976 Views)

Community Manager

The best thing to do @p0rtalgeek is to give the TOS team time to respond.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (956 Views)

★★ Novice

UPDATE:

My account is now back. Support ticket never went anywhere, but I did get an email about my account getting locked out for suspicious activity. I contacted support for that, and met a real nice guy (Thank you Muskan!) who helped out. Turns out, some russian guy had attempted to buy four copies of Fifa 20. Thankfully, the card I had associated with the account was expired, and all purchases were rejected, but it is all good now. I'm closing my tickets and this thread.

Message 6 of 11 (940 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @p0rtalgeek.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 11 (871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just had the same problem trying to get it fixed now...

Message 8 of 11 (618 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NzoPro for any issues relating to a ban you will need to speak with our TOS team using the steps I posted above.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 11 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have literally tried that 4 times and i get the same answer.

Message 10 of 11 (596 Views)