Account got banned

by br0d1ee

Original Post

Account got banned

★★ Novice

I've been waiting for a response regarding my account getting banned. I don't play the game that much recently and I logged in one day to find out my account got banned for cheating. Not sure why, but I'm pretty sure it's a mistake. It's been over a month since I reached out to them to get my account unbanned and I haven't got a response yet. Do they usually take this long to respond?

Message 1 of 22 (539 Views)

Re: Account got banned

@br0d1ee Hey welcome to AHQ. The TOS department is receiving an unusually high number of appeal requests at this moment. That means wait times for a response is a bit longer than normal.

Are you certain you did not miss any communication from them? Check your spam/junk folders on your email just to be certain.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 22 (512 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I check it all the time to see if there's an update. I made a duplicate case to get their attention and they replied saying they're gonna close the duplicate case and look into the other case. But it's been 2 weeks since the last time I heard from them.

Message 3 of 22 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]

@br0d1ee They did not deny the appeal? Wait until they either lift the ban OR deny your appeal. If they deny your appeal then open up a second appeal. But don't open the second appeal until you hear back on your first one. If you submit a second appeal it basically puts you at the back of the line for a review of the ban.

Message 4 of 22 (486 Views)

★★ Novice

No, they just said they're gonna look into the first case. I guess all I can do right now is wait for their response. Thank you!

Message 5 of 22 (482 Views)

@br0d1ee You're welcome if you don't hear back in a week or two let me know, just tag me in this thread and I'll ask a CM about it.

Message 6 of 22 (468 Views)

★★ Novice

Sounds good! Thank you!!!

Message 7 of 22 (466 Views)

★★ Novice

@DarthValtrex Hey, still haven't heard anything from my case. Just wondering if you could help me with it. Thank you!!!

Message 8 of 22 (398 Views)

@br0d1ee I can't tell you the exact time frame but it could be a few more weeks. I'm not an EA employee so I have no way of knowing what the turn around is on the appeals. I can only make guesses based on what other forum members have posted.

They will review your appeal and the account, it's just going to take time.

Message 9 of 22 (383 Views)

★★ Novice

@DarthValtrex Okay, sounds good. Thanks!

Message 10 of 22 (381 Views)