Account blocked from NFS - Steam EA Play

by ndbrb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account blocked from NFS - Steam EA Play

★★★★★ Newbie

So I bought EA play on Steam because wanted to try out NFS, but for some reason when it says logging to EA servers a notice pops out saying I've been blocked from the game for violating the TOS. Which is dumb because I haven't even played it.

At first I couldn't even launch it because I had an old version of Origin, so after I updated it the game launched, but now this happens. The notice said they sent an email to the one that's associated with my EA Account, which its weird because I never signed into any EA account, not even Origin. It didn't ask. So the game can't know where to send this email.

When I open the Origin app that launches with the game, no account is signed in and it says that sign in is unavailable. So I have no idea where this email was sent to.

If I log in to Origin before launching the game, it appears to log out when I run NFS from Steam, so I get the same message from above.

I asked for a refund but Steam says that I'm trying to abuse its refund system.
Message 1 of 4 (459 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account blocked from NFS - Steam EA Play

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @ndbrb.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @ndbrb.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (438 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did try to contact on the ea.help website but after a promised email that you never sent, a live chat option appears that never actually connects. }

The thing is, I don't actually HAVE an Origin account, since EA Play was contracted through Steam. Steam says that the issue should be resolved through you, yet I can't communicate with anyone except you here, who coincidentally doesn't have the capabilities to fix the issue.

Basically I got swindled from a month of EA Play that I can't get a refund despite being illegal to reject refunds in my country. What a ripoff. Go pirates!

Message 3 of 4 (382 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ndbrb if there is a ban on your EA account then you will need to appeal it with our TOS team.

If you see an error that your account is banned then it does mean that you have an EA account 

If looking for a refund then you will need to speak with Steam support.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (353 Views)