Account banned for no apparent reason.

by Cascascap

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account banned for no apparent reason.

★★ Novice

I logged in to play with a friend yesterday and found out apparently i got banned.

I tried looking into it, but i have no ban in my ban / suspension history.

Now, i never used any 3rd party app, I've been playing shooters for almost 20 years and i still suck *, so i have no idea how anyone could ever think I'm cheating in any way, i don't even talk in chat, so i couldn't have been banned for that either.

So, I'm very sure i didn't get reported nor you have any proof that I'm cheating.

I think some AI * up and tagged me as a cheater, this is embarrassing, how many other people like me have you banned for no reason? Please fix this immediately.

Before you tell me to start a ticket, i already did, but i only got a robotic response with no intent of fixing the issue, you are basically telling me to "deal with it".

I want a solution not someone telling me, bad luck m8, make a new account and pry you dont get wrongfully banned again.

Message 1 of 6 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account banned for no apparent reason.

★★ Novice
@Cascascap I was provided with no explanation, but at least my ban was lifted. Ill close this thread.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (372 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CascascapScared waiting for my random ban.... seems like they lost control of their account security. Don't spend money on the game? At least suspend it... I won't risk losing money so not spending anymore until... ever...

Message 2 of 6 (455 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Cascascap,

Sorry for the confusion with that ban history page. That shows very specific account actions, but there are certain actions that still don't appear there at this point.

With any account actions regardless of whether they appear on that page, you can send an appeal to our Terms of Service team with the steps over on this page: 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/ 

As you mentioned you did get an appeal created, and I see that's been sent over to the Terms of Service team for review. The reply you attached in your 3rd image here was related to the initial action and not the appeal you've created.

You will absolutely receive a reply to the appeal once our ToS team has finished their investigation. That's not something we're able to do on the forums, so please keep an eye on your email for that review to be completed, thank you.

Mako.png
Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Cascascap

Thanks for popping up the attachments. I'm not sure why it's not displaying on your account status in Origin but the 3rd screenshot is notifying you that there's a ban placed on your account and why the ban was applied. If there's been cheating or rule breaking, the solution is a ban.

If you believe there's been some mistake with the application of that ban though, and no rules were broken, you would need to fill out the webform to appeal it with Terms of Service. They'll take a look into the ban to determine if it was placed correctly or if it wasn't and needs to be overturned. Their team would then get back to you through email to let you know which one it is.

They do ask players sending in webforms to keep this in mind:

@EA_Help wrote:

We want to help all our players as efficiently as possible, so please make sure you only contact us with genuine challenges. Disagreeing with a suspension or ban when you break the rules is not fair play. Please review the rules, then contact us if you still believe you haven’t broken them.

To help with that, check out this EA Help article, it shares things like some scenarios that could come under cheating for example: 

@EA_Help wrote:

Why do people get banned or suspended?

We’ll take action on accounts when we see any content that’s inappropriate or when there’s evidence of cheating. We’ll also take action against any account that is posting vulgar, threatening, or harassing content in any EA game or on any EA website.

What we call cheating includes but isn’t limited to:

• using third-party software, such as aimbots, wallhacks, and other similar cheats in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
  • performing in-game exploits or abusing glitches or bugs.
  • stat padding (abusing game features in an unintended manner to artificially stack on scores).
  • win-trading or otherwise manipulating in-game ranking systems with the collaboration of others.
  • using software or cheat tools that disconnect other players from the EA servers.

The complete User Agreement between players and EA can be found on tos.ea.com.

- EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 6 (424 Views)

★★ Novice
@Cascascap I was provided with no explanation, but at least my ban was lifted. Ill close this thread.
Message 5 of 6 (373 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update @Cascascap, glad to hear you were able to get back into the account! Thumbs up 

Mako.png
Message 6 of 6 (368 Views)