Re: Account Sharing

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Sharing

★ Novice

Is it a bannable offense if I were to use another players account?

Message 1 of 6 (3,135 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Count on it that it warrants a permanent bann.

I'm sure most of us are familiar with boosting service for real-money trades.

Game studio's are not happy about people having achievements (or badges in this case) that they did not actually earn, and getting bad press of stories about getting scammed, and account theft that flow forth from account sharing activities.

Rekfull was permanently banned from World of Warcraft for boosting/account sharing, and deleted his highly accomplished account.

So, I would strongly advise against account sharing, an account being played on different hardware, under a different IP, suddenly getting the 20kill badge. And 4K damage badge out of nowhere could flag an account for review.

Better safe than sorry.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,086 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@MIXER_mr_tonycs wrote:

Is it a bannable offense if I were to use another players account?

How they gonna know?!

Message 2 of 6 (3,123 Views)

★ Novice

Lets just say I make youtube videos with webcam :O

Message 3 of 6 (3,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Count on it that it warrants a permanent bann.

I'm sure most of us are familiar with boosting service for real-money trades.

Game studio's are not happy about people having achievements (or badges in this case) that they did not actually earn, and getting bad press of stories about getting scammed, and account theft that flow forth from account sharing activities.

Rekfull was permanently banned from World of Warcraft for boosting/account sharing, and deleted his highly accomplished account.

So, I would strongly advise against account sharing, an account being played on different hardware, under a different IP, suddenly getting the 20kill badge. And 4K damage badge out of nowhere could flag an account for review.

Better safe than sorry.

Message 4 of 6 (3,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Wingmannedbro hi there i just want to know....i formated my pc and and and....downloaded a new apex and like on first play i get like 7 kills without even hacking....after level 6 i got banned? why? getting banned for playing good? i dont understand this whole thing of getting banned? i dont cheat i dont have any reason what so ever to cheat why am i getting banned?
Message 5 of 6 (2,865 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PompelompieQ 

Do you have any programs running in the background? It can happen that anti-cheat software erroneously flags something as unauthorised 3rd party software.

If you contact customer service about this, they should be able to provide you with a whitelist of allowed programs so you can check if what you use is on there or not.

EA will investigate your account and rectify any wrongful actions.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 6 (2,752 Views)