Account Names seemingly bugged

by xEthereality

Original Post

Account Names seemingly bugged

★ Novice

Regarding Account Names being seemingly available, not able to be found on search lists, but somehow still taken.

It seems to be a bug, as I've written a ticket and even the kind lady who was trying to help me get the name Ethereal couldn't tell me why it was so bugged. The account doesn't exist, but the name remains taken.

I have a friend who faces a similar issue. She changed her name on Origin to be silly, but when she went to change her name back, the name was taken -- but it never showed up on search lists. The bug seems to be related to if the name had ever been claimed in the past, it's taken permanently regardless of if you owned it or not.

Another possibility is the user who owned Ethereal deleted their account, or was banned. Either way the name is "available" but neither support nor myself could change my name to it.

I was requested by that person from support to write a thread here, so hopefully I get some help with this.

also I was asked specifically to post it under the general forums.

Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)

Re: Account Names seemingly bugged

Community Manager

Hey @xEthereality just because the search does not return any results does not mean that the name is not taken. It can simply be a case that the user has set their account to not be searchable.  

If the name you wish to use is not available to you then the best thing to do is to try a variation on that name. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (282 Views)

★ Novice

I wasn't even aware that was a feature, however I'm not sure that's the case still. The lady in support said she wasn't able to find a name like that either. Which -- I would assume she has access to a direct database where she can see such information.

Message 3 of 4 (279 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xEthereality 

If you have examples of names you can't find in search, please DM them to me. While I'm not aware of any issues with Origin's search, I do want to make sure everything is ok.

Cheers,

Message 4 of 4 (233 Views)