Re: Account Banned after I was hacked

by YaBoyMirage

Original Post

Account Banned after I was hacked

★★★★ Novice

Just wondering what can be done about this. I already made a claim ticket. I haven't played Apex since December. I got an email today saying I was banned. Loaded my PC and saw some changes I know I didn't make. I mostly played on PS4 so my PC version was bare bones. But today I saw Loba was unlocked with a legendary skin and the current event progress was half way finished.

I have put money into this account and would still like to play one day, so I really want this reversed. Especially since I don't even play on PC.

Message 1 of 9 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@T3Deliciouz
Hi, nobody here can help you.
All you have to do is contact Terms of Service.
If you already did it, then be patient and give them time to investigate and respond.

Message 2 of 9 (557 Views)

Hey welcome to AHQ! Unfortunately AHQ (the forum) won't be able to do much for you on the ban. You will need to contact the EA TOS department, they are the only teams who can review bans and reverse them.

Please only submit 1 ticket, and wait for a response. I have heard they are receiving an unusually high number of appeals, so it might take a few weeks to get a response. They will respond it just takes time for them to review everything and respond.

If your initial appeal is denied, then you can submit a second appeal.

Keep an eye on your emails spam and junk folder, just to make sure you do not miss any communication from the EA TOS department.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 9 (534 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. Is there a direct contact page for EA TOS department? I submitted a claim ticket, but it was in a general section.

Message 4 of 9 (515 Views)

@T3Deliciouz I do not believe so. It takes time for them to review the account and all the information surrounding it. You might be waiting a few weeks before you hear anything. If the first appeal is denied, submit a second appeal.

Accounts do get unbanned, it just depends on what the TOS department can prove.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 9 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@T3Deliciouz There's a phone number you can call if you change your country to United Kingdom. Just go to the contact page, select "Manage my account", "Banned or suspended account", and you should see a number there. I called them myself to try to speed things up, but they just told me to wait for their response by email. These cases take a long time. I've waited 5 weeks so far. Funny how I've been waiting for the Pit Crew skin for a long time and now it shows up in the store while I'm banned. I'm tempted to buy it on my banned account just in case I get unbanned. And if not, I've wasted 20 bucks. But we all make bad choices. You live, you learn. Life goes on...

Message 6 of 9 (473 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @T3Deliciouz,

There isn't an alternative way to reach the Terms of Service team. They can only be reached through the webform which can be sent in by the player directly or by the support team on behalf of the player.

If you've done that, then you've done the right thing and it's now a matter of waiting. It may take a while to hear back from the Terms of Service team. They seem to be working through a high case volume at the moment. Once your case works it's way through the queue and Terms of Service have reviewed your case, they'll respond to you through email from the address noreply@ea.com.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 9 (463 Views)

★★★★ Novice

3 weeks and still waiting. We'll see.

Message 8 of 9 (401 Views)

★ Guide

I lost two origin accounts that way.  EA dosnt care. I waited 2 month till I saw my ticket was suddenly closed.  

So I decided not to put any money into EA labels products anymore. 

I just make new accounts then. Apex is FTP

Message 9 of 9 (369 Views)