Re: Account Ban for false reasons

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Ban for false reasons

★★ Novice

I got an email this afternoon announcing that my account will be suspended for 1 week because I dared to tell an afk player what I thought about him/her being AFK and ruining two other peoples gaming experience.

I was told that my comments were "hate speech", but nothing I said falls even remotely near the definition of hate speech.  For something to be considered hate speech it must attack someone based on the following criteria : race, religion, sexual orientation.  It is pejorative or discriminatory language with reference to a person or a group on the basis of who they are.

I did not make a comment to that player based on who they are, but what their actions were.  I communicated to them my annoyance at them being AFK.  The comments were about their behavior not their identity and therefore I fail to see how you can classify anything I wrote as "hate speech" as it misses all of the required criteria for it to be considered such.

In addition a 1 week ban for telling someone off that is ruining the game experience of myself and 1 additional player, is extremely excessive.  1 day, ok...1 week?....come on man.

Message 1 of 5 (241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @dr0pbe4r

I'm afraid the forum staff aren't equipped to help with banned cases. It would be best to get in touch with the Terms of Service team by filling out the webform. Please check out this EA Help guide for guidance on how to do that: How to get more information about my ban or suspension

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (223 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @dr0pbe4r

I'm afraid the forum staff aren't equipped to help with banned cases. It would be best to get in touch with the Terms of Service team by filling out the webform. Please check out this EA Help guide for guidance on how to do that: How to get more information about my ban or suspension

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 5 (224 Views)

★★ Novice

I have already done that.  In the mean time I have to sit and wait for EA staff to undo something they should never have done in the first place.  Oh by the way, this can take up to 30 days.  When my account suspension is for 1 week.  By the time someone gets to it, suspension is already done, instead of just not applying bans inappropriately in the first place.  This is typical knee * reaction from people that actually have no idea what they are imposing.  I take being accused of hate speech quite seriously, considering it carries legal implications with it, and as you have falsely accused me of it, I demand it be removed immediately.  I am sure you have a way to escalate this and send it to someone that is equipped to help with banned cases.  Considering EA gives no other manner to deal with such complaints I am left with no choice but to complain on forums so that other people can see how EA mismanages account suspensions.

Message 3 of 5 (217 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @dr0pbe4r,

This isn't something I can do for you. Terms of Service are the team that handle and investigate banned accounts. If you've filled out the webform to link in with them, you've done the right thing and it's a matter of waiting to hear back from them now. Once they've received your appeal and wrapped up the investigation they'll reach out to you via email from the address: noreply@ea.com. Please keep an eye out on your email inbox.

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)

★★ Novice

Just so we are clear Lanna, I am not blaming you for this issue.

I am however extremely disappointed in EA for the actions taken and the basis of the action taken being completely false and the fact that now I have to wait longer than the sanction imposed to have the sanction removed.  

Additionally I tend to know the templated response of these kind of issues will be "we found that the action taken was appropriate".  I can assure you I do not see it that way, and taking into consideration what has transpired I will be witholding all purchase of EA products until the matter is resolved appropriately.

Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)