Re: Accidently redeemed the same game

by SithDarthPaI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidently redeemed the same game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I already owned Star Wars Battlefront 2015 on pc. I wanted to have the Season Pass and a free exclusive emote, so I bought the Ultimate Edition. I didn't know which code was the game and which one the Season Pass. I redeemed both codes and I thought Origin will block the redeem of the same game. I had an useless code, so I wanted to give it to my friend. He said the code doesn't work. I tried to redeem it on other account too. I contacted EA Support and they said I have to buy it again. 

EA partly stole my money. I want a new code please!

CM Edit: Do not mass tag. Removed link as it contained a product code. 

Message 1 of 5 (377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to say @SithDarthPaI but if you redeemed the Ultimate edition of the game on an account that already had the base game then the code will still be accepted and will not be usable on another account.

If you check your My Game Library you may even see both game icons there.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (326 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @SithDarthPaI 

It’s possible it classed the ultimate version as a separate game because usually it shouldn’t allow a dupe game in your library.

You would be best contacting an EA Adviser regarding this tho, they might be able to do something about it.

You can contact an EA adviser here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 2 of 5 (362 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @SithDarthPaI but if you redeemed the Ultimate edition of the game on an account that already had the base game then the code will still be accepted and will not be usable on another account.

If you check your My Game Library you may even see both game icons there.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can see only the Standard Edition's icon,  but I have the season pass and the free emote. 😳

Thanks for the answers! I wanted to give that code to my friend, because I wouldn't have use of it. Have a good day all of you! <3

Message 4 of 5 (285 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Darko Why did you remove the link? The product code is already used. Noone can redeem it. That was the Ultimate Edition's game's code. I wanted a new because that couldn't be used again. 

Message 5 of 5 (282 Views)