Accidentally purchased Sims 4 expansion

by 2playtheSIMS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidentally purchased Sims 4 expansion

★★★ Novice

Today I went to purchase the "Get Together" expansion for the Sims 4 from the online Origin/EA shop. I've done this with other Sims packs before, with no problems. But this time the site was laggy and I had several problems getting it to accept my information, and then when I got the receipt to my email, I seemed to have accidentally bought "City Living" too. I'd ike to "return" this if possible. I've spent 2 hours trying to find a way to contact some sort of customer support via email, but that seems impossible. For personal reasons I don't do very well with live communication like phones or live chat. Is there a way I can get into contact with somebody via mail? I haven't downloaded either of the packs I purchased yet, so you can see in my account that I'm not trying to steal or cheat. Can anybody help?

Message 1 of 5 (1,857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accidentally purchased Sims 4 expansion

Community Manager

Hey @2playtheSIMS you can check to see if the game is available for a refund under the Great Games Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

If not then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further as these issues cannot be done over email.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,758 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Still looking for somebody to communicate with on this matter. I haven't even opened the game since my last post in the fear of messing up my chances of solving this problem.

Message 2 of 5 (1,778 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @2playtheSIMS you can check to see if the game is available for a refund under the Great Games Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/

If not then you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further as these issues cannot be done over email.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've already checked that; it's not eligible for refund that way. I don't see why this communication can't be done via email. It would allow people with certain issues to compose their thoughts, express themselves clearly, and take in information at their leisure. I understand it's not the usual channels, but I would be very grateful. It's not a complicated issue, I'd just like to have the Sims 4 "City Living" expansion pack removed from my account and half of the money (since I did intend to buy the "Get Together" expansion) refunded. I'll refrain from opening the game for a while longer (so as not to mess anything up) in the hopes that somebody can help me. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,738 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @2playtheSIMS as account and billing related issues will require an account to be verified by the account owner this can only be done through a live contact. As email is not a live contact it is not possible to verify an account over email.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,721 Views)