Accessing save files of games from Origin Vault

by Wintermutekish

Original Post

Highlighted

Accessing save files of games from Origin Vault

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, I have had Origin Access a while ago and have completed Dragon Age 1&2 using it. Now I want to get DA Inquisition and would like to transfer my save files from DA2, now the question is can I access the save files somehow without renewing Origin Access / Buying Dragon Age II? I have recently reinstalled Windows so I don't have save files on my PC right now. I would like to buy Inquisition so I would have unlimited access to it, so I'd prefer to not renew my Access subscription at this time. Sorry if this is a dumb question, and thanks in advance for your answers.

Message 1 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: Accessing save files of games from Origin Vault

★★★★ Guide

Generally speaking (and not just for Origin afaIk) you need the game installed to download its saves from the cloud and for that you would have to own it.

Now for Dragon Age Inquisition this game doesn't use the usual save file transfer, so even if you have DA1&2 save files on your system they won't transfer to DAI

Instead you need to go to dragonagekeep.com and login with the origin account you will buy DAI on.. on that site you can customize your choices that represent your journey (called Tapestry in the Keep site) in both DA1&2 then save and upload your choices on the site.. when you start a new game in DAI the game will give you the option to either use default "World State" or import the one you marked as active in DragonAgeKeep.com

I hope that clear it for you

Message 2 of 3 (202 Views)

Re: Accessing save files of games from Origin Vault

Community Manager

Hey @Wintermutekish the save file should be on your system so long as you have not uninstalled the game. 

You can transfer your save here: https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

Daeko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)