Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Access Premier & Anthem. What happens to game account if cancel sub but

by Arsenic_Touch

Original Post

Access Premier & Anthem. What happens to game account if cancel sub but buy game

★★★★ Novice

I'm an access premier member and am planning to play the Anthem early access on the 15th Feb. I'd like to know what will happen if I cancel my Origin Access Premier subscription (after the early access week), but then buy the standard edition game? Will I keep my character levels and gear? What happens to the 'Legion of dawn' edition gear and bonuses?

Message 1 of 4 (346 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

You'll keep your gear/levels if you buy the standard edition. But you'll lose the legion of dawn items once you cancel the subscription. 

Message 2 of 4 (310 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

if i buy the game from someone other than EA after only playing the game as a subscription do I keep my character levels etc.

Message 3 of 4 (88 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Define “from someone other than EA”? As far as I’m aware, you can buy “physical copies” (boxes with license keys) from Amazon/BestBuy/Walmart, but at the end of the day you’ll still have to download it through Origin and play on EA servers, so your player data should still be there.

I don’t technically know what happens to your game state data once your subscription runs out, but I very much doubt they would delete it any time soon. They want you to buy the game or resubscribe. You will lose access to the Legion of Dawn cosmetics though, as previously stated (unless you buy the Legion of Dawn edition). I think you will also lose the Founder lobby banner, but I believe you might also still get it from subscribing to the email newsletter if you want it back.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 4 of 4 (80 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help