Access Account with Email Address Inaccessible

by Pmealey17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Access Account with Email Address Inaccessible

★ Novice

EA needs to change its security methods.

The Origin account that I created with my Xbox gamer tag who knows how long ago told me I needed to reset my password. After finding out that the account was not under the current email I use, I realized that my only other email account is with a service that is now out of service. I confirmed this is the correct email as I couldn't make a new account with it.

In an attempt to change the email address with the account, an EA advisor requested information to verify my account: last 4 of the card used on the account (not sure there was ever one?), billing address, dates and name of items ordered through Microsoft, and phone number. When I provided all information that would be correct as of now, the advisor told me they couldn't verify the info because some or all of it was wrong.

How about you tell me what was wrong so that I don't need to open a case for each time I want to try different info? This isn't a bank account, it's a gaming profile. The security needed to get my account back is absurd and the advisor only replied with lazy form messages about not being able to divulge what was wrong when I asked. I just want to get my account back, I am very unhappy with EA's customer service.

Message 1 of 2 (206 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Access Account with Email Address Inaccessible

Community Manager

Hey @Pmealey17, we take account security very seriously and I'm sorry to say but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then out team will be unable to make any changes to an account or grant you access.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (181 Views)

All Replies

Re: Access Account with Email Address Inaccessible

Community Manager

Hey @Pmealey17, we take account security very seriously and I'm sorry to say but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then out team will be unable to make any changes to an account or grant you access.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (182 Views)