Re: About the patch

by AWOL_312

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I know there is Balloon nerf and it sucks but is there Drop nerf too? Because my speed decreases very fast. It feels different.

Drop nerf might be good for more action but i think Balloon should be fixed! It's better now to go on foot.

Message 11 of 14 (150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Biochemikas wrote:

@AWOL_312 wrote:

I totally agree but this doesn't have to lead to a static game where you do not see any enemy squad until the very end of the match!

Finding enemies is completely your choice. You're free to hunt them down. I intentionally look for places where nobody else lands and plan paths to avoid contact with closest opponents. You can do the opposite.

And btw, even when we played to COMPLETELY avoid any contact we still had to kill at least 1 team in ~half of the games to get to top5 and in some games had contact with 3+ teams before top5. It's impossible to get high top5 streak without killing anyone at all. Bloodhounds will not let you to just run and hide.

Hunting ppl that come to die is really not fun. That's like "hunting" in the slaughterhouse. Hunting wild prey predators that fight or run for their lives is a completely different level.

Elite queue feels quite like the latter now and it's MUCH more fun than normal queue.

Sorry @Biochemikas i edited the post you quoted.

By the way as said before i totally agree with your point of view: if i have good teammates (and this is valid also for them as i do not know if i'm a good teammate for my squad) i really enjoy the game and any tactics we decide to use, either defensive or aggressive ones.

I just would like to point as this new queue led to a "hide n seek" situation and this is what i do not like; i understand to camp but i will never understand to hide and just follow the circle as it moves! 

Message 12 of 14 (135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@AWOL_312 wrote:

@Biochemikas wrote:

@AWOL_312 wrote:

I totally agree but this doesn't have to lead to a static game where you do not see any enemy squad until the very end of the match!

Finding enemies is completely your choice. You're free to hunt them down. I intentionally look for places where nobody else lands and plan paths to avoid contact with closest opponents. You can do the opposite.

And btw, even when we played to COMPLETELY avoid any contact we still had to kill at least 1 team in ~half of the games to get to top5 and in some games had contact with 3+ teams before top5. It's impossible to get high top5 streak without killing anyone at all. Bloodhounds will not let you to just run and hide.

Hunting ppl that come to die is really not fun. That's like "hunting" in the slaughterhouse. Hunting wild prey predators that fight or run for their lives is a completely different level.

Elite queue feels quite like the latter now and it's MUCH more fun than normal queue.

Sorry @Biochemikas i edited the post you quoted.

By the way as said before i totally agree with your point of view: if i have good teammates (and this is valid also for them as i do not know if i'm a good teammate for my squad) i really enjoy the game and any tactics we decide to use, either defensive or aggressive ones.

I just would like to point as this new queue led to a "hide n seek" situation and this is what i do not like; i understand to camp but i will never understand to hide and just follow the circle as it moves! 

But that's how you play BR in a competitive manner. It's risk assessment. This also makes the games vary in terms of the opposition you come across. In regular queue it's all suicide runs, hot drops and face tanking.

Elite is people playing and actually wanting a decent reuslt and not just buffing kills and damage stats. Kills and damage are what people want to look pretty on their stats shown to others.

If people don't like the Elite lobby, don't play it and stick to regular. I much prefer the mindset of most of the players in the Elite queue.

On a side note, a lot of players I have played with with the high kills high damage have always been hot droppers who do not play for the team, die and quit. These stats are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I could drop skulls, drop x2 easy game kills (no armour quick TTK), die, rinse repeat as the game will only last 60 seconds, and then after a few weeks of gameplay, you'd think I was a monster. I wouldn't be though. I'd be a kill * and serial quitter.

Message 13 of 14 (122 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm a fan of Metal Gear Solid since ps1, i love tactical games and players who use their head.

So far i haven't seen any nice tactic yet within the elite queue but i would love to play some games where some smart defence tactic and camp is involved! 

Message 14 of 14 (105 Views)