Re: About the patch

by AWOL_312

Original Post

About the patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

No words are needed, i think that this patch along the hunt event are just great: we've been asking for a bit of fresh air and we got the siberian breeze! 

But just give me the chance to write down a small critic: the design of this event and the elite queue was made so to build extra challenge within the teams and bring the game to another level; what i've seen so far are player who hide in order to get to the top 5 without enganging a single fight.

WE are crying every day that we need contents and as soon as we get it we use it in the wrong way: i am not sure if we really deserve anything.

EA/Respawn 2 - Player 0

Message 1 of 14 (646 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I first welcomed the elite queue but since you can play very conservatively to get access I think it needs a rework.  Some sort of damage benchmark or something other than rank of squad in the game.  I now would rather have a ranked ladders without a casual queue.  Every drop should be in a ranked setting.

Message 2 of 14 (612 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I have to agree. Making it into Elite does not really say you are an Elite player.

I don't consider myself anywhere close to an Elite player, in fact I pretty much suck. I made it to the Elite queue the other night thanks with 2 quite good players who I would say are Elite. But we just had one of those games where you hardly run into anyone until the end. Then I joined the Elite queue and again got paired with 2 very good player. Yup they did most of the work, saved me a few times and revived me once. I did not get a kill but we finished 2nd.

So now I have a notch for finishing in the top 5 in the Elite queue but honestly, I don't feel that proud of it.

I think the requirements for the Elite queue should be:

• Finish in the top 5 of any queue, and
  • Achieve a certain level of damage done, or
  • Achieve a certain # of kills

Message 3 of 14 (601 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's not the players fault. Respawn are to blame again since the requirement is top 5, this was obviously going to happen where you get people camping and not even playing the game as it was intended. I think Elite is worse than the standard mode without a doubt, I have been paired with some of the dumbest players in Elite, some real potato players out there.

The biggest player related issue with this game is being forced into teams with idiots, clueless idiots that cannot play the game properly. Respawns answer is this crap event which does nothing to address the awful matchmaking system in the game, who is this event for? competitive players? I don't think so it's terrible. Who are the challenges for? win this, win that come top 5 in this.. it's badly designed crap. I'm not impressed.

Message 4 of 14 (586 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BoaFang7 wrote:

It's not the players fault. Respawn are to blame again since the requirement is top 5, this was obviously going to happen where you get people camping and not even playing the game as it was intended. I think Elite is worse than the standard mode without a doubt, I have been paired with some of the dumbest players in Elite, some real potato players out there.

The biggest player related issue with this game is being forced into teams with idiots, clueless idiots that cannot play the game properly. Respawns answer is this crap event which does nothing to address the awful matchmaking system in the game, who is this event for? competitive players? I don't think so it's terrible. Who are the challenges for? win this, win that come top 5 in this.. it's badly designed crap. I'm not impressed.

I totally get people who aren't happy with it but i think calling it crap is a bit too much. 

What were they suppose to do then? I mean this event rewards you even for the WIN (win 2 games in any queue and get the Triple Take skin) but nobody takes it under consideration because is too difficult maybe.

There will always be two sides of the same medal and this is why is our fault: never ever happy cry babies! 

Message 5 of 14 (513 Views)

★★ Expert

@ClifraJones 

Maybe they can change it to " better than others" queue

Would that suffice?

Heart

Message 6 of 14 (501 Views)

★★ Expert

@AWOL_312 Beer

Exactly..it's an awards event...but still, people beach and moan about it!

Get a life ladies

Heart

Message 7 of 14 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

To everyone who don't like how Elite queue plays out: Are you sure you're playing the right game? Elite queue now is EXACTLY how a BR should be played. Respawn absolutely nailed it here. You SHOULD be worried about your life all time and want to survive more than kill others - that's the heart and soul of the genre.

Instead of complaining about game actually being played correctly, enjoy while it lasts as I'm sure ppl will be back to no-care attitude even in elite queue soon enough.

Message 8 of 14 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Biochemikas wrote:

To everyone who don't like how Elite queue plays out: Are you sure you're playing the right game? Elite queue now is EXACTLY how a BR should be played. Respawn absolutely nailed it here. You SHOULD be worried about your life all time and want to survive more than kill others - that's the heart and soul of the genre.

Instead of complaining about game actually being played correctly, enjoy while it lasts as I'm sure ppl will be back to no-care attitude even in elite queue soon enough.

I totally agree but this doesn't have to lead to a static game where you do not see any enemy squad until the very end of the match!

I personally take this challenge in order to improve my skills to stay in the elite queue as much as i can!

Edit: at the beginning i had a different play style, trying not to engange any fights until the last round in order to have more chances to be the winner; i shortly found out that it was the wrong way because while everybody was fighting and getting better and more confident whit the game dynamics, i was stuck always at the same level. I've noticed major improvementes only when i changed my play style becoming a touch more aggressive and trying to engange more enemies and fights.

From my personal point of view camping wasn't a solution before and so it isn't now! 

Message 9 of 14 (435 Views)

★ Pro

@AWOL_312 wrote:

I totally agree but this doesn't have to lead to a static game where you do not see any enemy squad until the very end of the match!

Finding enemies is completely your choice. You're free to hunt them down. I intentionally look for places where nobody else lands and plan paths to avoid contact with closest opponents. You can do the opposite.

And btw, even when we played to COMPLETELY avoid any contact we still had to kill at least 1 team in ~half of the games to get to top5 and in some games had contact with 3+ teams before top5. It's impossible to get high top5 streak without killing anyone at all. Bloodhounds will not let you to just run and hide.

Hunting ppl that come to die is really not fun. That's like "hunting" in the slaughterhouse. Hunting wild prey predators that fight or run for their lives is a completely different level.

Elite queue feels quite like the latter now and it's MUCH more fun than normal queue.

Message 10 of 14 (422 Views)