Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

About inscriptions and a funny pattern

by Affelainen

Original Post

About inscriptions and a funny pattern

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So.

I have been running into this dumb thing, it irks me a bit, i get components/gear that roll the exact same values as some already have. 

And it happens alot, sometimes one differ but often that is the inscription but not the %. 

This ends up with me throwing away some stuff that is ok because very often if i get the same component they roll almost the same, but not if i scrap them.

And the probability of this happening should be very very low, considering the amount of inscriptions and values that you can actually roll on items.

has anyone else been noticing this?

Message 1 of 10 (229 Views)

Re: About inscriptions and a funny pattern

★ Apprentice
I have noticed it many times especially if both the items were dropped during the same session.

Message 2 of 10 (197 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, and that shouldn't be happening with this huge rng pool, it should be virtually impossible to get 4 rolls exactly the same, especially with the amount of values an item can roll on each incription, it should be like 1 in a million.....

that means theres something fundamentally wrong or... theres no rng just a bunch of predetermined outcomes that you roll against.

Message 3 of 10 (189 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ah crap.  I just assumed legendaries were like Destiny exotics.  All my Lego's of the same item have the same rolls. (Ie if I have duplicates they have the same inscriptions).

You mean they're not supposed too?

Message 4 of 10 (186 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

Ah crap.  I just assumed legendaries were like Destiny exotics.  All my Lego's of the same item have the same rolls. (Ie if I have duplicates they have the same inscriptions).

You mean they're not supposed too?

you are being sarcastic right?

Message 5 of 10 (174 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

No I wasn't.  I've only got about 20 legendaries since Day 1.  Of the few duplicates I have, the inscriptions are the same.  I'm sorry - I wasn't trying to be rude.  I honestly thought they were like Destiny exotics.  I haven't had enough yet to see a difference.

Message 6 of 10 (160 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I thought it was a bit odd as well, it happens exactly as you described it, The 2nd items will roll 3 of the inscriptions exactly the same as the 1st. Thought it was just my god awful luck with rng.
Message 7 of 10 (159 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

No I wasn't.  I've only got about 20 legendaries since Day 1.  Of the few duplicates I have, the inscriptions are the same.  I'm sorry - I wasn't trying to be rude.  I honestly thought they were like Destiny exotics.  I haven't had enough yet to see a difference.

hehe, no i never took it as rude, no worries, i was more thinking along the lines that you were sarcastic towards the devs, for making it so dumb.

but yeah, they are not meant to roll the same, that was one of the issues at the start, we had so many inscriptions and weapons rolled alot of non-weapon related inscriptions, and bad ones at that.

wich is why i think its so strange that you get duplicates, wich should in theory be pretty darn hard to get. especially when u got 4 inscriptions and all with their own numerical highest and lowest.

So yeah, it should be like 1 in a million, consider that you have all the ranges from 0-100 some have other ranges but still, with rng you should get all sorts of different combinations, wich also is one of the reasons people are annoyed, because we cant reroll any, and with 4 it should be next to impossible to actually get items where u get 4 useful rolls.

but something is not working, there is only rng when it comes to drop, but apparently not when it comes to inscriptions and rolls.

Message 8 of 10 (113 Views)

I'm  hesitant to even bother mentioning this, but it's not really RNG computational algorithms are only capable of producing pseudorandom number generation. If you know the seed value you could actually duplicate the result. 

Message 9 of 10 (91 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The RNG in this game is broken as hell.

Message 10 of 10 (81 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help