Abandon Penalty Cooldown/Reset

by Vox_Tempus

Original Post

Abandon Penalty Cooldown/Reset

★ Novice

I can't find any published info about a cooldown or reset of the abandon penalty after a specific time period has elapsed--other games I've encountered a deserter or leaver penalty in have integrated this feature and I'm curious if Apex has too.

If not, the alternative seems somewhat harsh. I've managed to rack up a 45 minute abandon penalty so far because I've been too quick on the leave button when allies have gold shields, but carrying that for the entirety of S3 and into future Seasons feels off-putting.

Message 1 of 37 (10,327 Views)

Re: Abandon Penalty Cooldown/Reset

★★★★★ Guide

Well reset? hope there's none, we do not deserve a reset, at least until we learn to co-op and work together! 

Message 2 of 37 (10,310 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@AWOL_312  Be realistic. We all know that will never happen. The only time humans would ban together is when there is a threat greater than ourselves. And since there is none, it's a free for all. Hence why people don't like working together.

Message 3 of 37 (10,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@ColdHours wrote:

@AWOL_312  Hence why people don't like working together.

🤦🏻‍♂️ I sadly have to agree 😂

Jokes apart, i was actually thinking we were going to get a reset every week (when the new week of challenges kicks in) but this is not the case! 

Message 4 of 37 (10,296 Views)

★ Guide

The most popular MOBAs have this function implemented aswell and they are doing just fine, i don’t see any problem in punishing instaleavers that don’t even wait to be revived after they’re first downed.

The REAL issue is the type of people that play this game, i don’t want to be rude, many of these migrated from Fortnite and i saw what majority of people play that game. I don’t even want to bring up karma to these leavers because they don’t care if someone else leaves them either. I am aware there are people that also make you wait and don’t pick up your banner to respawn you, but to be frank the LEAVERS far outweigh in numbers, so the penalty should be even harsher in my opinion. 

One good thing that Respawn could actually do is apply a penalty to the squad aswell if they don’t pick up the banner while it is still in the circle and there are no squads around in a relative distance. This would even it out but as i said, it happens far more often that people leave, rather than we not picking up his banner and respawn him or my banner not getting picked up and being respawned. We will not be able to fully and properly enjoy the game until people will learn to be responsible and actually learn to be better at the game by trying to play together, not land, get killed, get triggered and leave, because most of the time it’s your fault for hot dropping and getting killed!

I am looking forward to having penalty applied to non-Ranked games aswell!

Anyway, Respawn is not to be spared of criticism, in absolutely no way, because i will not play RANKED until they fix the 9700K related hangs and freezes and server related issues!

I feel like in the last couple of months the game is getting much more content, but at the cost of severely damaging gameplay experience with all the bugs and issues, also by poorly controlling the META in the game.

Message 5 of 37 (10,279 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MotherPhoker  Penalizing people not picking up banners would hash a new set of issues. Yes it sucks when people purposely walk over ones disheveled corpse. But there are times(most)when a heavy firefight is occurring and nothing can be done. May the team be pressed by a third party or trying to outrun the circle under limited health. This would seem like a poor idea for such a thing to be implemented.

Message 6 of 37 (10,248 Views)

★ Guide

@ColdHours Yes i agree, wanted to mention that such system is not really needed, but seems like i forgot to put it between the rest of the lines. In 2 weeks time my banner being left behind only happened ONCE, but i have leavers in over half of my games, so yeah.

Message 7 of 37 (10,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Vox_Tempus 

There is no need for a reset.

If you don't want to get penalized stop leaving the game, End of discussion. Why would there be a reset of any kind except if it's a new season ?

So you can keep on leaving again and again after each reset. instead of playing as a team or waiting your 2 min to be grayed out. Its a team based game start playing as a team and stop worrying about a penalty reset.

@MotherPhoker 

I agree with, @ColdHours . 

Each game is different and you can't clump everyone in the same scenario because there is a lot of factors at play. In ring 1 and 2 you can make those semi long distance ring's [unless it's too Far / long of a ring 2].

Ring 3 it's all about who is your legends at that point, Do you have a Pathfinder, Wraith or Octane on your team with at least two or three Altimate Accellerant's and is already popping their Alt to grab the banner as your making a dash [or respawn beacon if Octane is going] for the banner

[Assumming your on the same page, I've done this with a mic and with out a mic].

while hitting their tactical to get away from the ring while healing thier Altimate Accelerant to put down another Zipline, Jumppad or Tunnel.

Apex is about playing Offense and Defense and being aware of your surrounding. Not landing getting weapon's and try and go on a killing spree or sitting back looting everything. Apex legends is much more than that. 

If you don't have a Pathfinder, Octane or a wraith you'll never be able to recover the banner and get out of Ring 3 Alive [9 time out of 10 ring 3 or 4 is too far]. So their is no point, then innocent player's will be charged with a Penalty that they won't deserve.

like many have stated if respawn can add a respawn beacon timer to the game great. If they can't leave the penalty the way it is with no reset until the next season take's off.

Or a serious Bug hit's that plague's the game and your constantly getting D/C issues from the majority of the community via bug report.

Message 8 of 37 (10,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

CSGO did it pretty well. You would have exponential increases to your penalty for repeated offences (capping at 7 days) but your penalty would degrade by one tier if you were good for a full week. Certainly a single fault throughout a whole week is forgivable.

The point of these sorts of bans is to reduce the number of games that are disrupted by unreliable players, while minimising the negative impact it can have on people who always join with the full intention to stay.

Speaking as someone who has only had a time penalty once in my thousands of hours between BOTH games (power outage) I don't see a problem with it. As long as it's not a hard reset.

Message 9 of 37 (10,187 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This conversation is so old.  It’s simple, don’t leave your team early in ranked!  If you do then you are the problem!  Not the penalty, YOU! 

Message 10 of 37 (10,157 Views)