Re: APEX LEGENDS NO LONGER SUPPORTS STRETCHED RESOLUTION WITH NEWEST PATCH (Syst

by 1ronKeys

Original Post

APEX legends no longer supports stretched resolution with newest patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

APEX LEGENDS NO LONGER SUPPORTS STRETCHED RESOLUTION WITH NEWEST PATCH (System Override Collection Event)

With the new limited-time event coming out, Respawn has done it, yet again. Stretched resolution (4:3 aspect ratio) is unsupported and causes black bars + bugs when used.
I hope that this will be fixed quickly as it is my primary source for playing with decent performance on my system.

(Un caps the text) - Atic 

Message 1 of 28 (31,218 Views)

Re: APEX LEGENDS NO LONGER SUPPORTS STRETCHED RESOLUTION WITH NEWEST PATCH (Syst

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

IT DOESN'T EVEN STRETCH IF IT IS YOUR NATIVE RESOLUTION

I knew that this would cause big performance drops for me, so I went the full stride and changed my screen's native resolution to the same stretched resolution that I was going to be using in-game.

After that, Windows wouldn't stretch the screen horizontally.
On top of that, Apex Legends wouldn't stretch the screen vertically. Even as it was my Native Resolution.

Message 2 of 28 (31,189 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

same Frown i needed the fps boost ( even played with the lowest resolution in 4:3 )

Message 3 of 28 (31,065 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Same for me i cant play until this is fixed please EA fix this
Message 4 of 28 (31,051 Views)

★★★ Expert

Everything seems fine on 21:9 ( 2560 x 1080 ), so it's probably only the vertical stretch.

Message 5 of 28 (31,038 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There is TOP teams who uses this and they all qualified for the majors. LG esdesu, SNG VintaGe and BcJ from snipe abusers. i know for fact that all these are playing stretched and with the majors around the corner i really hope they fix this quick. and ofcourse for us regular players that have x amount of hours put in to this that has played stretched. as me i got 900hours in to this game and i always played stretched.

So all we can do is hope for quick fix. I tried 16:9 but i rather not play the game as my FPS and the feeling is so different. so please EA/RESPAWN patch this in cant be that hard?

https://twitter.com/esdesu__/status/1234909388353175553
Message 6 of 28 (30,946 Views)

★ Apprentice

I only play on 4:3 either, until now no answers or fix, huh ? Im not playing apex until now because I cant play 16:9... Too much fps drops. 

Message 7 of 28 (30,777 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

The game has never fit my screen...

I can't see how many Apex coins i have past the first number.

On the original "worlds edge" i couldn't see the last E.

I can't see some stuff at bottom of screen either. 

Message 8 of 28 (30,771 Views)

★★ Novice

pls fix it ea!!!! i cannot play again because too much fps drop.

Message 9 of 28 (30,441 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I hope they fix the 4:3 resolutions (preferably make them work without the trick) AND make this game a bit less GPU heavy, at even 1280x960 i'm occasionally GPU limited at under 144fps with a GTX1070, more so at higher resolutions.

Oh well, maybe us "*-hats""freeloaders" don't deserve these fixes.

Message 10 of 28 (30,397 Views)