Re: APEX is NOT one of the worst games ever made!!

by xKCK-Apex

Original Post

APEX is NOT one of the worst games ever made!!

★★ Pro

Well, I was addressing a comment in another forum but apparently someone got hostile before I finished... So I'll be posting my CIVIL response here lol. The issues are in bold, and these are my responses:

1. Can't put out Legends quick enough - If you think they didn't have more than 9-10 ideas for Legends, you might want to rethink your stance. There are plenty of data miners who have created lists of Legends from the code. Whether they make it to the final game or not is a different story, but that shows they were able to come up with at least 25 different ideas.

2. You have to play in groups of three - There are plenty of clans, Discord servers, and forums where you can find other like-minded squad members. It literally means nothing when people complain about a mechanic that has been in place since the beginning. There are already solutions for this.

3. Too many squads for too small of a map - I agree with the statement, but it doesn't convince me that this is "one of the worst games ever made."

4. Gun spawning locations - This can definitely be improved. I'd rather find a P2020 than nothing at all. But again, this is something you give feedback on. It still doesn't qualify as "one of the worst games ever made."

5. It takes forever to accomplish anything - Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. This game is about survival at the moment. You can actually advance in level and battle pass tiers by surviving until the Top 3. You also get plenty of XP by playing different characters. So the only other "accomplishment" I can think of is getting kills... But if you're only looking for kills, do you really expect to make it until the end?

/shrug

6. Guns have too many attachments - I'm not sure what this one even means... It's literally got the easiest attachment system in any BR I've played. You walk up to an attachment and press a button. If you have something better, you can't pick it up. If it doesn't go on a gun, it won't say "Equip." Not sure what the issue is here.

7. Game is not noob friendly - This can be solved by matchmaking - which has been mentioned in other topics.

8. Quitters - This can be solved by a leaver penalty. As it sits, as long as someone stays until their banner expires, them leaving doesn't affect the team.

9. No other modes - It would be cool to have another mode, for sure. I agree. But until you implement the few changes in #1-8, you can't truly call APEX a "disaster."

10. Circle doesn't deal enough damage/sight issues - I agree that the circle is an issue. The times between circles take a little longer than necessary, and it does seem like people can see in/out very well. But there's a damaging circle in every BR, so the devs need feedback about what could make it better. Calling their new game "one of the worst games ever made" without providing thoughtful feedback will definitely slow their willingness to help.

11. TTK - It's three months in. If you're still using three mags to kill someone, maybe it's user-error...

12. Cheaters - This is an ongoing process. Taking on a new genre probably brought more issues, and in larger quantities, than they were expecting. I would say, "Be patient," but something tells me that wouldn't help this situation much.

These posts frustrate me because we have a lot of the same issues/suggestions, but putting it out there that "APEX is one of the worst games ever made" isn't helping anyone. This gives a false perception to new players. This game is far from one of the worst games ever made and I believe when Season 2 starts, it's going to shut a lot of negativity out. Will I be this optimistic if they don't make big changes in Season 2? Probably not. But we haven't even given them a chance to read the feedback, process the information, come up with solutions, test the new solutions, and implement the solutions. All of this takes time. Stop spreading this "worst game" nonsense. It hurts the entire community.

Message 1 of 19 (695 Views)

★★ Expert

Pretty sure most will agree with you and some not...(cause some are born/nurtured that way).  I tend to compare games to "all you can eat" restaurants.  Sh@ts n'  giggles when eating all the desserts, but complain because there's not enough sprinkles. Or, delighted that they offer steak and lobster, but it takes forever for a new batch to be served. Raised eyebrow

My thought is that every company should always release as EA. At least this way they don't get as much hate because of what gamers expect out of a game. Which in my opinion is way too much...pending on their generation.

Like you mentioned..."games take time", but some people have no patience.

Looking forward to season 2 Standard smile

Message 2 of 19 (645 Views)

★ Guide
Yess, I honestly hate people who spread false rumors about it being the "worst game" because it's one of the best games I've ever played. Played fortnite before this and damn I'm already tired of it. Shoot someone, a freaking skyscraper appears outta nowhere. Got tired of it really fast. As for Apex, still in love with it. Some people tend to be too needy, spoiled, self-centered that they want things to be done *snap* just like that but it doesn't work that way. Patience is a virtue I've been aware of my entire life and I'm still being patient. Some people need to be more optimistic in my opinion.

Also thanks @jonesy0218 for defending this game.
Message 3 of 19 (609 Views)

★ Guide

Lmao i just read the forum you were talking about @jonesy0218 

Sadly i couldn't reply to it for it was locked by a CM, but i really wanted to just say it's a squad-based game. That was how it was meant to be. It was released as a squad game and it never changed. It wasn't meant to. Also talking about the legends having abilities make it unplayable is absurd. Yet again, that is how it was meant to be. He was comparing the game to Fortnite, which is yet again $tupid. The game was meant to be played how it was made. He was comparing it way too much to Fortnite.

Honestly if i could have replied i would have said "Seems like you've played Fortnite a lot based on your argument and i think I've got a solution to all your problems. Just go back to playing Fortnite"

Message 4 of 19 (595 Views)

★★ Pro

Glad we have some who agree! Thanks for taking the time to reply! Standard smile 

Message 5 of 19 (580 Views)

★★ Apprentice
funny how you didnt mention ALL the bunch of glitches and bugs and * like that which the game is infested, i also find funny that you said "gne gne the game is for 3 man squad so if you dont want to play with random go search for people around internet gne gne" ye because when i play a game i have to go on google and search for * people that don't leave the game instantly or are decent just because the developers are so damn stupid to don't listen to the fat 90% of the player base who actually WANT Solos and Duos. This is why this game is collapsing big time, because of players like you.
Message 6 of 19 (574 Views)

★★ Pro

@xKCK-Apex wrote:
funny how you didnt mention ALL the bunch of glitches and bugs and * like that which the game is infested, i also find funny that you said "gne gne the game is for 3 man squad so if you dont want to play with random go search for people around internet gne gne" ye because when i play a game i have to go on google and search for * people that don't leave the game instantly or are decent just because the developers are so damn stupid to don't listen to the fat 90% of the player base who actually WANT Solos and Duos. This is why this game is collapsing big time, because of players like you.

If you can provide researchable information, I'll gladly change my stance. But nobody can throw out numbers like "90% of the player base" without proof.

Also, you don't have to Google every time. You join a Discord server with 1000+ people and add them for later. Simple. 

Finally, show me proof that the "game is collapsing big time." I'm pretty sure they're still making a ton of money, there aren't many issues with players finding matches, and Season 2 is on the way with what we're hoping will be big changes. If by "players like you," you mean players who want the best for the game, who provide well thought out and honest feedback, who don't say "the developers are so damn stupid," then I'll gladly be that player. Standard smile 

Message 7 of 19 (568 Views)

★ Guide

Yet again another person brings up solo/duo modes. Apex is a trio squad based game, that's just how it was released and if it stays like that it's fine. If EA/Respawn decides to implement solo/duos, wow congratulations, you got your wish *claps both hands in celebration* if not then that's also fine it's the way the game was meant to be played. I believe the devs will do whatever they have planned for the future of this game and we'll see where it goes from there.

Message 8 of 19 (567 Views)

★ Guide

@jonesy0218 wrote:

@xKCK-Apex wrote:

If you can provide researchable information, I'll gladly change my stance. But nobody can throw out numbers like "90% of the player base" without proof.

Also, you don't have to Google every time. You join a Discord server with 1000+ people and add them for later. Simple. 

Finally, show me proof that the "game is collapsing big time." I'm pretty sure they're still making a ton of money, there aren't many issues with players finding matches, and Season 2 is on the way with what we're hoping will be big changes. If by "players like you," you mean players who want the best for the game, who provide well thought out and honest feedback, who don't say "the developers are so damn stupid," then I'll gladly be that player. Standard smile 

damnnnn, nice positive clap back

*sips champagne with pinky out*

Message 9 of 19 (564 Views)

★★ Pro

lol I don't want mine to get locked down like the last guy's post.

Message 10 of 19 (558 Views)