Re: APEX RANKED!

by djentyman

Original Post

★ Expert
@djentyman No one said it's hard to get out of bronze - gold. Everyone is literally saying it's easy to get out of it because you can just hide and camp till you get points. That's why people want it changed because people who play like bots manages to get to platinum and since you can't go down a rank that means these bots gets stuck there dragging other people down with them. Another thing why people want to change the system is that the risk is not worth the reward till 10 teams are left(not only that but you have a max cap for kill/assist multiplier gained). We understand that you have to improve to climb up but you also have to understand that this is a team game. You have to be able to rely on your teammates but that's not gonna happen when you get a fresh lvl 30 account in Platinum rank that got there by just hiding for points.
Message 21 of 30 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Daze623well i have my own point of view about that. as well as developers and their management have their own. and those, who took plat 4 by camping their whole life in gold, they would not be able to take even plat 3. When i become plat 4 first time, i felt so big difference in this game before plat and after. I was not able to take plat 3 until i spent about 1.5 month improving my aiming/tracking skills in kovaak. So these who took plat by camping and not gained aiming skills would not be able to go further.

Message 22 of 30 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@djentymanTherein lies the problem, as you have all those camping to plat but then drag others down in that bracket who are able to climb or taking out a squad or 2 in diamond then evading a fight till the end of the match. 

Message 23 of 30 (340 Views)

★ Expert
@djentyman yes they will not be able to go further but that also means they can't go down too because you can't rank down in this game. And what's even worse is that you'll get these people as teammates through out your experience in Plat making the climb more frustrating and tedious. That's why the best tip people can give you when trying to climb rank is "find a group" because of how messy platinum tier is. Through out the split I didn't bother with rank cause of how frustrating it is. I just recently tried to climb up again and in just a few days I managed to get to Plat 2 but now cause of whatever reasons I'm usually getting Plat 4 teammates that are just plain bad at the game while going up against a mixture of diamond/master and predator players and it's just so damn painful now.
Message 24 of 30 (336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Daze623on diamond 4 i always have teammates plat 4 or even gold. thats sad, because there are not so much diamonds to put them together. I understand what are u talking about. But i don't think this is enough valuable reason to change ranked system right now. We should wait until cross platform. The more people playing together, the more precise statistics we would have. If u learned probability theory in school or university, u should know what is normal destribution. Small example: when people vote for a new president we have a vast amount of statistics which we can describe as "how much people vote for a specific person". If we make a histogram from all this data, we would have a graphic, that is so damn similar to a graphic of a normal distribution. If we observe a decent deviation from this normal distribution then this is a serious premise that there was a vote rigging, if we don't see the deviation from the normal distribution, this means that vote was fair. Now, if u look at the apex legends rank distribution u will notice, that this graphic is so damn similar to the normal distribution. This is evidence that every player on his right place according to his own skills. But if had another graphic, that would be a major reason to change ranked system. Almost every competitive game would have same rank distribution. https://prnt.sc/t6bjlg

Message 25 of 30 (296 Views)

★ Expert
@djentyman by chance you have season 4-5 ? cause that's severely outdated.
Message 26 of 30 (285 Views)

Message 27 of 30 (276 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@Daze623 btw, this is very interesting research about that
https://www.pnas.org/content/109/41/16469
Message 28 of 30 (263 Views)

★ Expert
@djentyman I tried to search for more info regarding how the ranked split went and I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of information again. They didn't talk about the amount of players that played both split and how long matches go on different tiers. They just went "here's the rank distribution all is good".
Message 29 of 30 (234 Views)

★ Guide
@Daze623 yeah thats true. we have nothing we can work with
Message 30 of 30 (228 Views)