Re: APEX RANKED!

by apostolateofDOOM

Original Post

★ Guide
@Teisen991 okay.... u showed us rank destribution and ....? for what??
and what the hell is this "A win count as 10 bonus kills, second place as 5 Kills, third place as 2 Kills, place 4 and 5 as 1 Kill." is this ur vision of "perfect" ranked system? Srsly? Are u high or what? U said 0.5kd is a bad players. I have 1 k/d and i am diamond. Am i slightly better then trash?
Message 11 of 30 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@djentymanIf a negative kd is trash and yours is 1 then yes, you are slightly better than trash. xD Obviously depending how long and often you have played and imo kills should earn you more points to discourage camping.

The idea isn't that bad with some tweaks actually. You could camp and get second place, worth 5 kills, or rambo and be 15th but having 5 kills would equate the same and reward an aggressive playstyle.

Message 12 of 30 (361 Views)

★★★ Expert

@djentyman This is not Call of Duty, you don't win a game of Apex (or Fortnite for that matter) by being jacked up kill monger.  You play the game, and last until the end, which is predominantly survival.

Doesn't mean killing doesn't matter, and yeah unless you somehow regularly get to 2nd place you're going to need to kill people to get to higher ranks.  But I don't see how a high k/d ratio matters until then.  Even then, sorry, you know, not everybody should bother with the grind that is ranked diamond and beyond.

Personally, I find those ranks will be hard to move through once you get there. You're going to have to place high and kill people who are much better at the game.  People are going to come out on the wrong end of that equation and quite often.  

Not sure if it is worth it, really.

With King's Canyon, which I despise, I just get barely to gold then stop playing ranked.  There are some challenges for ranked sewn into the weeks, but I'll wait for the split to get them so I can bash my way through them in bronze.  Until they go back to World's Edge or make a new map which isn't a Flustercluck, I'll wait and play the regular game modes.   Ranked is fun, that's for sure, for finding people who stick through games.  But it isn't the end all be all, either.

Message 13 of 30 (340 Views)

★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM 15th place and 5 kills would give u +2 points, 2nd place without kills/assists would give +12 pints on the diamond rank. so if u want to rank up, then you should play passive till top 10 and then try to get some kills as 3d party, if attempt is failed, rotate and try again(this strategy worked perfectly for me in plat rank, but on diamond it is sooooo hard). or u have to be pro/semi pro player to kill everybody in plat lobby and rank up fast.(but this wont work for diamond, this is problematic even for master+ players)..
Message 14 of 30 (308 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@djentyman The current system does because it rewards camping, ratting or playing passive but that's the whole point. How many times do you hear people say they don't play ranked because of things mentioned above?
Message 15 of 30 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOMive heard such statements mostly from gold players and little bit from plat. if this game looks hard for you on gold rank and you have to hide and camp on gold rank, then problem is in yourself. you are just low skill player and have to improve it. and if you dont play rank because of this problem, so don't, please, tell how they should change it.. if u want play rank and want to climp it up, u 100% should improve your own skills. I am not even close to pro, i barely become diamond 4 and stucked there. But silver and gold rank for me is so easy. Thats because, to be honest, people who stucked in gold, they just won't do anything to improve their skill. Do they play aim trainers??? Answer is no. How do i know it? Because 3d season i stucked in gold for a whole season. i played around 1k ranked games and was gold 3. I started train kovaaks 1-1.5 hours a day. Season 4 i took plat 1 in split 1, in last days of split 2 i took diamond.. this season i took diamond in 2 weaks and stucked in diamond 4. And i don't want to change ranked system so it allow me to climb up a little bit easier. I know the only reason why i cant climp higher is not enought SKILL IN THIS GAME. So don't cry, that u cannot get out from silver because of smurfs.. I was there and i passed it easily(then i stucked in the gold, but i improved my skills and passed it). Ranked system is not that bad, you just have to practice if u want high rank. I u wont, so why do you play rank?

In additional. I have never played FPS shooters at all. ~13-15 month ago ive bought ps4 and started play apex legends using controller. ive never used controller before. 6 month later ive bought pc and switched to it using controller as well and stucked in gold. ~5 month ago ive bought kovaak aim trainer and started consistently use it as a warm up before apex. this allowed me to become diamond. 

Message 16 of 30 (282 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag exactly bro , you just hit the point directly .
every season i get to pal and get stuck there as i play with randoms and i literary go nuts with them .
the only time i got to diamond was in season 3 where i got a friends to do ranked with them but couldn't progress more as it was nearly end of the series .
what you said is the 100 % true and a fact
Message 17 of 30 (272 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@djentyman Look at everything you just posted but now with the knowledge i'm a pred.
Message 18 of 30 (270 Views)

★ Guide
@apostolateofDOOM according to apex legends tracking services, ur lifetime rank is diamond 4 and ur current rank is diamond 4
https://apex.tracker.gg/profile/pc/apostolateofDOOM
Message 19 of 30 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

2020-05-09 (2).png

@djentyman Because ranked has been broken since series 2 with alt f4 exploit, bugs and now this seasons current rank mix. Old pic btw. 

Message 20 of 30 (254 Views)