Re: APEX RANKED!

by Daze623

Original Post

APEX RANKED!

★★★ Newbie

Maybe we need balance in apex ranked next split.!? PLAT 4 RANKED BTW!

Message 1 of 30 (606 Views)

Champion

It's kind of ironic really.

We see master and predators facing teams way below their ranks due to a lack of population in their respective rank brackets. 

Yet platinum is literally designed to be a hellhole that can't  be progressed out of by many players due to the fact that they don't have similarly skilled players to team up with in premades.

It's an impossible situation to work around really....as if you make platinum easier to progress through,then diamond will literally just replace it as that trap point.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 30 (600 Views)

★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag it's cause they need to rework their whole system. Bronze - Gold is so easy to get out of because you just have to hide and wait for everyone to kill each other but then you hit Platinum simply hiding is no longer an effective way to rank up. Now you end up with a mixture of good and bad players in one place but because players can't demote those people that doesn't deserve to be there stays there and drags other players down with them. I'm surprised they think the system works when there's a huge flaw in it.
Message 3 of 30 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Daze623+ the players that smurf and destroying the newbies in bronze /silver. they should make a kill /assist based ranking system would be much better. all the "good" players play together + the cheaters ^^

Message 4 of 30 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Teisen991and how do you know what amount of kill/assist matches to gold/platinum/diamond?? in 3d season i had ka ratio 1.5 and i couldnt get out from gold, stucked there for the whole season. then i practiced kovaaks a lot, improved my aiming/tracking skills, this season i hit diamond and guess what is my ka ratio???? IT IS ~1.05 -1.10 FOR RANKED GAMES and 1.5 FOR UNRANKED.. do you really think that ka ratio shows something more then just kill assist ratio?

Message 5 of 30 (519 Views)

★ Expert
@Teisen991 That would be interesting.
Message 6 of 30 (498 Views)
Highlighted

★ Expert
@djentyman you should also take into consideration the amount of games you played and the people you played with.
Message 7 of 30 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@djentyman top 0,1% pred; 0,2-0,5% Master; 0,5-5% Dia; 5%-10% Plat; 10%-40% Gold, 40%-70% Silver; 80%-100% Bronze. (inspired by the aktuell Rank distribution)
A win count as 10 bonus kills, second place as 5 Kills, third place as 2 Kills, place 4 and 5 as 1 Kill. That system will kill the smurfs who destroy newbies for fun (after 1 round they are up against the pros again). the cheaters are in the top lobby after the first round (maybe easier detecting for Respawn). bad players can have fun again when they play together with other 0,5 k/d players.
Message 8 of 30 (462 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think maybe cross platform and having more players available on a specific server and rank tier/class might give them a chance to apply rank limit queues; so players in a certain rank can only play with their same ranked people. I think one reason that current SBMM matches preds and masters and plats and give you a mixture of everything for a ranked match could be due to the lack of enough available players on that rank and server at that moment (and also it trying to avoid long waits in queues). Let's hope more players after cross platform let us have better SBMM and map selection option. 

Message 9 of 30 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Alphabets Would be nice but it's not gonna happen as they want you to get a step up in the rank till the lobbies change so you're not stuck.

For better or worse, mixed ranks is here to stay.

Message 10 of 30 (431 Views)