APEX LEGENDS unrightful ban

by NutInYourCheerio

Original Post

Accepted Solution

APEX LEGENDS unrightful ban

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

hello. I have been back & forth with EA support & have gotten nowhere on my issue at hand. I was playing a game of Apex Legends (ranked), and a player who died & whose banner I was unable to grab, started calling me a “r**ard”. He said this to me maybe 10-20 times. I was just ignoring it & taking it in stride. I almost came back & clutched a 1v3 situation in the final circle, and after I almost did that, I said “who’s the *”. And within a day, I had an email telling me that I was banned for directed hate speech. I would like answers to this, as in my eyes, and several support workers (who don’t have the power to unban unfortunately) believe I did nothing wrong. A simple look into the chat logs for that game, and any representative that sees it, will agree.

Message 1 of 6 (562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: APEX LEGENDS unrightful ban

Community Manager

Hey there,

If your account was actioned for inappropriate language, you would need to appeal that with our Terms of Service team through these steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/ 

Each reported violation of the User Agreement is reviewed individually, so if our TOS team receives a report and finds inappropriate language was used, for example, that would result in an action. 

If someone else was using the same inappropriate language first, I'd suggest reporting that behavior so we're able to address that as well. Responding in kind would at best result in both parties being actioned, if both violations were reported.  

I'm afraid this is not something we're able to review via the forums.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (507 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there,

If your account was actioned for inappropriate language, you would need to appeal that with our Terms of Service team through these steps: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/ 

Each reported violation of the User Agreement is reviewed individually, so if our TOS team receives a report and finds inappropriate language was used, for example, that would result in an action. 

If someone else was using the same inappropriate language first, I'd suggest reporting that behavior so we're able to address that as well. Responding in kind would at best result in both parties being actioned, if both violations were reported.  

I'm afraid this is not something we're able to review via the forums.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 6 (508 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately this does not help. I have been told that “the correct action was taken”. But this is extremely unfair & I shouldn’t have been banned for this. And I’d just love to know why. I’ve read through the TOS, and I’m not in violation.

Message 3 of 6 (497 Views)

Community Manager

That would fall under this section: https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section6 

In particular this section-

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
  • Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
  • Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that EA (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.

A permanent ban would typically occur if the account has had a previous history of behavior which continued after an initial suspension. If we've reviewed action through an appeal and have verified the behavior that took place, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to overturn that on the forums either.

Mako.png
Message 4 of 6 (491 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I have reviewed the TOS, and I am NOT in violation. The other player had said it to ME several times in the game, and not once had I called him a name. I simply said “who’s the *”. Because he was constantly calling me the name & I was just simply playing the game. I did not attack the player, I did not direct hate speech at him, and I didn’t even do much as say “you’re a *blank*”. 

Message 5 of 6 (478 Views)

Community Manager
I'm afraid the other player saying it first is not an excuse we're going to entertain.

If they were reported for using that language then we'll act on those reports accordingly as well, but it doesn't allow for that language to be used in return.

As mentioned this is not something we're able to review on the forums, so you're welcome to submit another appeal if you've only submitted the initial appeal thus far.

Our team will take another look, but as it's not something we're here to debate or review on the forums, I will be closing the thread down here.
Mako.png
Message 6 of 6 (472 Views)