APEX LEGENDS...On the verge of greatness

by Nasher355

Original Post

APEX LEGENDS...On the verge of greatness

★★★ Guide

So the 2 year anniversary is coming up (Happy early 2 years) and we are so so so close to this game being almost perfect. This game does so many things right and better than any other battle Royale game but we have very very simple issues that the community gives input on but it falls on deaf ears. I think with a few tweaks and changes this game will become much more popular and can get some big names playing it as well as the community happy. 

Current Pro's

Healing/Shield system- I think apex has the best health and shield system of any battle Royale. Straight forward and simple. 

Gun balancing- Again out of any battle Royale apex has very good gun balancing. Sure some guns are better than others but every game has a meta. Only problem I see currently is we could use a little mastiff Nerf. Obviously guns will be buffed and nerfed and changed to keep the meta fresh but I feel like the meta is always in a healthy spot. 

Legend balancing- Currently I think the legends are all pretty balanced. Some Nerfs DEFIENTLY need to be applied to Gibby and horizon but I'm sure tje devs are on that. Once again like guns some legends will always be better than others. The thing is All legends can serve a purpose in this game (Aside from rampart as she could use a heavy rework) and be very useful. 

Cinematic trailers- Seriously these things are amazing and badass. Not much to say but they are sick and under appreciated.  

Lore- The thing that stands out from other games is the lore. You aren't just playing as a skin your playing as a character with personality. I'm actually invested in it and keep up with it. 

Map- I actually like the Map's. I have my favorite one but so does everyone else. I don't mind playing on any map but right now I like all 3. 

Cosmetics- Simply sick. Everything about them are awesome and designed well (Just please rotate the item shop faster)

Current Con's

Matchmaking/Ranked- Number one issue in this game is Matchmaking. You fix this and alot of players are gonna be happy.  I don't care about SBMM in pubs. Turn it off if you want. But please fix ranked. We need a mode that has close matches. People with 20 kill and 4k badges are in bronze and silver because of the awful ranked system. No one would be opposed to longer que times for better matches. Trash the current RP system and start from scratch. If anyone has ideas please comment them because I have none. 

Ranked split- worst decision in this game. Dont split ranks mid season. Maybe drop preds down a rank but not everyone else. Not much to say. Just remove it. 

Servers-I personally have good experiences with the servers but I understand in some places people play with 200+ping regularly. Please look into that. 

That's pretty much a small list of pros and *. I think if we fix the small list of * we can be set. Another big Con is our community but that's up to us. Be nice to each other boys. If you get matched with a level 35 that has 27 kills on Bangalore and has no idea how to use her effectively just help them. Being an * helps nothing. I know you didn't ask to get matched with them but neither did they. If you have any comments or pros and * put em down below. I want to see what else this community thinks. 

Message 1 of 14 (692 Views)

Re: APEX LEGENDS...On the verge of greatness

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Nasher355For some reason it kept censoring Con's in the last paragraph

Message 2 of 14 (688 Views)

@Nasher355 The legends are not balanced by any measure. The lowest tier legends have kills per match averages of 1.3 while the top legends are 2.1-2.6 kills per match. That's a fairly large spread, balanced would be them all being around the same number likely around 1..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 14 (652 Views)

★ Expert
@Nasher355 "on the verge of greatness"
pros are all in game stuff
* are all technical stuff
LOL
I would give them a pass if they're having a hard time balancing the game but when we talk about server stability and other technical issues that should be on the top of the priority list, I wouldn't say that the game is on the "verge of greatness"
Message 4 of 14 (624 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex Gotta take into account who plays them. Every legend is usable and winnable at the moment (Again the only legend I would say isn't is rampart) More people play and win with wraith because she's popular and so many people play her. Especially Pro's.
Message 5 of 14 (603 Views)

@Nasher355 It has nothing to do with who plays them. I know very good players who play lower tier legends because they like that legend. They would post better numbers and win more games if the ran the OP legends.

Fewer than 4-5% of those who play this game will post above average stats. The vast majority of people will post average KD in the 1-1.5 range.

If legend choice did not matter, you would see the top players and streamers using different legends. It would benefit their content creation because it would give their content some variation in game play and so on. The reason they don't is because the lower tier legends just can't cut it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 14 (598 Views)

★ Expert
@Nasher355 Basically Pros play what is meta and Wraith is always meta.
Message 7 of 14 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@DarthValtrex You're being generous there. I'd say the average kd is below 1.
Message 8 of 14 (578 Views)

★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex On my day account, I'm at 0.53 in S8 after 14 games. I really doubt the average k/d ratio is above 0.7.
Message 9 of 14 (564 Views)

Champion
@Tad844 For sure it is. I'd bet the median kd, which is probably a better indicator, is likely .7 or less.
Message 10 of 14 (545 Views)