Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

ANTHEM PVP?

by YoungPapaSynth

Original Post

Re: ANTHEM PVP?

★★★★★ Novice

I think you do not know what you are wishing ..They have already limited staff and time to fix the on going game yet you are asking for something new .lol ... They will never learn from thier mistakes when they have customers like you .

Message 11 of 21 (120 Views)

★★ Guide

the real question is why anyone would buy a bioware game expecting pvp.. I mean really, its not like they have a history with it or anything (1 game, and it is considered their first strike). may as well go ask for it in artifex mundi games..

Message 12 of 21 (115 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I love a good bit of player vs player action! But it can't be a thing in Anthem anytime soon, or maybe ever.

I'd love to go over all the reasons why, but if I feel up to that level of effort because of the sheer amount of writing I'd have to do I'll just make a new post for it, all shiny and everything.

The game needs to double down on its co-op PvE roots and stay that way for a good while. It's the heart of the game and PvP always creates toxicity amongst a playerbase, Anthem needs to walk before it can run, and depending on who you ask... crawl before it can walk.
If anything, a horde type mode ( think ME3 multiplayer ) where different guilds can fight for top scores on leaderboards would be a nicer addition. Give us mode specific loot for attaining high ranks/ scores.

But no PvP for now.
Message 13 of 21 (110 Views)

★★ Guide

And here we go again. 

Has been discussed so many time why it can't be and shouldn't be added to the game. 

Terrible idea.

But i will go with the most easiest comment: Go and play APEX Legends or Titanfall.

Message 14 of 21 (96 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No, no, and NO !! At the moment, BW has higher priorities about the game. Plus the game is not and was never designed to be a pvp game.

Message 15 of 21 (84 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@YoungPapaSynth wrote:

I think pvp would be fun and it should be added that's all I have to say.

How come no one has ever thought of suggesting pvp in the anthem forum? Congratulations Papa, you're the very first with this groundbreaking idea and finally we can discuss it in a civilized manner as usual! I'm looking forward to your next brilliant advice! ( I've heard "more loot" and "better endgame" are two topics which have never been discussed here. Please, be the first one again and show us the way!) Wink

Message 16 of 21 (76 Views)

[ Edited ]

PvP would be great.  The Javelins are awesome.  Permanent Freeze could be solved with more elemental resistance drops.

Message 17 of 21 (75 Views)

[ Edited ]

I agree PvP would be great.  I'd like PvPvE as well!  Big fights with Ursix interrupting the party.  I would love this!!!

Risking your life under PvP fire to grab the Legendary that just dropped? Go, Go Go!

Message 18 of 21 (72 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

I agree PvP would be great.  I'd like PvPvE as well!  Big fights with Ursix interrupting the party.  I would love this!!!

Risking your life under PvP fire to grab the Legendary that just dropped? Go, Go Go!

And here we have it, It always ends up with open world pvp or as I call it ganking even with games with healthy pvp communities arena and squad based, capture the flag and leaderboards they always end up wanting open world (sigh) I've played a lot of pvp in many mmo's after I finish with storyline and gearing, pvp is something to do for end game cause it usually requires re gearing and in some cases rebuilding your char or doing another. But that is why I say this game is not suited to pvp it will require a massive overhaul of jav, gear and weps to achieve any sort of balance and playability which everyone knows they really really don't have the time for at the moment. and that's for arena combat open world pvp is even worse as you have to balance both pve and pvp balance which I don't even want to think about.

So again NO to pvp in the foreseeable future and no never for open work pvp.

Message 19 of 21 (59 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

PvP would be great.  The Javelins are awesome.  Permanent Freeze could be solved with more elemental resistance drops.

..and how exactly will you deal with me nuking your brain while its in your skull from a mile away? oh, so you want enough elemental resistance to render an entire class USELESS. 

pvp would outright kill bioware at this point. the way I see it they are already on life support after this mess of a game, adding pvp would literally pull the plug on the 20ish people who still even care what happens to this broken disaster of a game. THEY CANT EVEN BALANCE LOOT! how good do you think they would be at balancing something they have virtually zero experience at like pvp?

Message 20 of 21 (47 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help