Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: ANTHEM - FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

by labtud

Original Post

ANTHEM - FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

★★★★ Novice

I have played a number of beta/alpha/demo games and I've never come across such a poor example.  Since this "DEMO" has gone live I have yet to play a single aspect (infinite load problem).  I've tried countless times.  Seriously this is a joke.  

Bungie/Destiny/Warframe has its issues, but if you think you are going to compete with this...um yeah.  k.

Message 1 of 7 (283 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

https://www.abc.net.au/news/image/7797744-1x1-940x940.jpg

OH hey a beta or release that didn't go smoothly without any issues. That's the first time thats ever happened... Wana come back when there's more issues besides bottleneck? >_>

Message 2 of 7 (270 Views)

★★★★ Novice
On top of the fact your reply is extremely arrogant, KusmaVolkov, Nebulazater has a point. Releases like closed/public demo's and bèta's are a major part of forming (or trying to form) a community and playerbase surrounding a game. If you miss this step and create an aversion towards the game instead, you will have a split community between 'ex-'believers and fanboys. This is litteraly the biggest marketing disaster that could have happened, and they will have a hard time trying to keep the preorders and trying to attract informed people to the game when released. They will have the random buying uninformed guys, but they wont be around for 10 years, let alone 10 months.
About the sarcasm on the "not the first time this has happened" well... it's 2019, hardware is evolving, EA is huge and the release of the last "huge" expansion of a game was spotless smooth.
This was also a closed launch of a demo, this is in no way a fully fledged game release like we're going to see on the 15th. I still can't get past infinite loadscreen 2 days in btw, I have to go out of game and restart and whatnot, and tbh I'm not even feeling like doing that just to play the demo so I dont bother. This is in many ways not something that is going to pass with sarcasm and relativation.
Message 3 of 7 (252 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I expected and would be fine with issues here or there.  This is beyond that....  My "refer a friend" links did not work until _this morning_.  I never even was able to play a single mission/anything because of the inf. loading bug.  I know many people were able to play the demo and good for them.  For me, it was literally unplayable and EA should be called out for that.

Message 4 of 7 (225 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Honestly your comment is just proof of how toxic you are to the gaming community. This weekend was far more than just some "beta or release that didn't go smoothly," this was an absolute debacle. When a game is being released to the public to play for the first time, the "paying" public btw, stress testing and small bugs should be the focus....not constant game breaking bugs. I was only able to play a bit, as I was met with my fair share of 95% screens and complete crashes, and eventually just gave up. most of my progress, xp and loot were being wiped as a result of said crashes as well. That really should never be the case. I played on both PC and PS4, and was met with the same issues across the board. I just hope you understand your comments have no place in the community and BioWare and EA can get this game solidified before launch.
Message 5 of 7 (203 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
I've played some really bad alpha's and beta's in my time.

This one had its problems, its given me a few concerns but it's not putting me off just yet. I actually really enjoyed it when it was running smoothly.

I think they made a mistake calling it a demo and not a beta.

I get why they did it, Just look at fallout76 and the beta the week before, but i think some people believe this demo was from a final build and its how the game will be on release.

Which it won't be... I hope Standard smile
Message 6 of 7 (198 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Xyntro wrote:
On top of the fact your reply is extremely arrogant, KusmaVolkov, Nebulazater has a point. Releases like closed/public demo's and bèta's are a major part of forming (or trying to form) a community and playerbase surrounding a game. If you miss this step and create an aversion towards the game instead, you will have a split community between 'ex-'believers and fanboys. This is litteraly the biggest marketing disaster that could have happened, and they will have a hard time trying to keep the preorders and trying to attract informed people to the game when released. They will have the random buying uninformed guys, but they wont be around for 10 years, let alone 10 months.
About the sarcasm on the "not the first time this has happened" well... it's 2019, hardware is evolving, EA is huge and the release of the last "huge" expansion of a game was spotless smooth.
This was also a closed launch of a demo, this is in no way a fully fledged game release like we're going to see on the 15th. I still can't get past infinite loadscreen 2 days in btw, I have to go out of game and restart and whatnot, and tbh I'm not even feeling like doing that just to play the demo so I dont bother. This is in many ways not something that is going to pass with sarcasm and relativation.

Not the first, nor the last. The infinite loading is probably linked to ISPs as it was for The Division for Ubisoft at its release. Never been able to log in the beta at the time but solved on release.

I'm way more concerned about game suddenly closing for no reason or being unable to join boss fights after getting reconnected and other game-killing bugs than connection problems.

Message 7 of 7 (173 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help