AN UPDATE ON APEX LEGENDS FROM VINCE ZAMPELLA

by EA_David

Original Post

AN UPDATE ON APEX LEGENDS FROM VINCE ZAMPELLA

Community Manager

What a week! Since we launched Apex Legends last week on Monday we’ve seen the creation of an Apex Legends community that is excited, thriving, and full of great feedback and ideas. Our goal is to build this game with you, our community, so keep giving us your feedback because we really are listening.

I can’t tell you everything we have planned, and we are looking at changes based on player feedback and experiences. However, I do want to call out a few things happening over the next couple of weeks.

• First up, the Twitch Rivals Apex Legends Challenge. Sponsored by our friends at Twitch, the Rivals Apex Legends Challenge will take place this Tuesday the 12th and next Tuesday the 19th, with 48 of the biggest streamers on Twitch competing live in Apex Legends. We’ll be co-streaming all the action from our Apex Legends Twitch channel here:www.twitch.tv/playapex.
  • Then, later this week we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day by introducing some limited-time Valentine’s Day themed loot, so all you (Apex Legends) lovers out there keep your eyes open.
  • Don’t forget, Season One kicks off in March, introducing the debut of our Battle Pass as well as new Legends, weapons, loot, and more.

We’re also thrilled to announce that since last Monday, more than 25 million players have jumped into the game, and over the weekend we had well over 2 million concurrent players at our peak. Like I said earlier, what a week!

From everyone here at Respawn, thank you. The community’s excitement for Apex Legends is electric, and we feel it here at the studio. We couldn’t have gotten where we are without you and look forward to having you on this journey with us.

Vince Zampella
Respawn Entertainment

Sauce

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 18 (2,462 Views)

Re: AN UPDATE ON APEX LEGENDS FROM VINCE ZAMPELLA

★★★★★ Guide
Great! Hope you add different game modes to this world (cough*conquest*cough). Love the world/theme, hate the BR game mode.
Keep up the good work.
Message 2 of 18 (2,415 Views)

★★ Guide

This all sounds awesome Standard smile

But.. Sorry to be an annoyance, but when's duo coming out? Standard smile

Message 3 of 18 (2,396 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Domination or conquest squad type of mode actually wouldn't be a bad idea

Message 4 of 18 (2,352 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
For me what makes the game unique is that it found a good pace of gameplay. Knowing you still have an opportunity to keep going after being downed keeps me engaged versus like Blackout or PubG that you're out and need endure the relogging process.

Secondly I think the atmosphere is unique and clever. It really gives you that "Hunger games" feeling. The assortment of gear keeps it interesting knowing you could pop upon some good loot randomly.

Lastly, the characters abilities are cool features to have included in the game. (I hope we can see some improvements on some utilities of champs.) Say like Wraiths basic activation speed, and perhaps alter her ult as she's a damage champion, but has a support ult?

Anyway. So far I think the game is pretty good. When you come out with new cosmetics I hope in the future you can push your artist to also add in game cosmetic changes to. Such as if you made Wraith an Angel change her portal rift to look angelic or something. That's all I can think of.

Keep it up!
Message 5 of 18 (2,315 Views)

★★★ Novice

Loving this game! Keep up the good work!

Message 6 of 18 (2,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi David, can you ask Vince if cross platform play and progression will be coming to this game anytime soon? 

Message 7 of 18 (2,237 Views)

Champion

Awesome work.

XP for everyone!

Message 8 of 18 (1,999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Vince, I know there is a lot on the plate in the coming weeks and months. Is there going to be a serious competitive ranked mode that truly tracks skill with a rating system? Game could be huge if there was fair matchmaking in a competitive mode so we can know our skill levels and be in games with other people of that skill. Right now games swing wildly with sometimes one or two squads stomping an entire game and other people being paired with newbies/lesser skilled people on their team. It's hard to take it seriously when every game amounts to a casual quickplay environment.

Message 9 of 18 (1,992 Views)

★ Guide
A huge achievement, well done to all. Respawn deserve this, especially after the quiet success of TF2. This one's LOUD AF :D
Message 10 of 18 (1,982 Views)