Re: AN IDEA FOR OCTANE BUFF

by iBlockHead

Original Post

AN IDEA FOR OCTANE BUFF

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

OCTANE BUFF
PASSIVE - Remains the same

TACTICAL - 1)Stim duration increased from 6.00 seconds to 10.00 seconds.
stim speed increased from 30% to 50%.
2)Stim health cost reduced from 12 to 10.
3)Player can cancel the stim by pressing the tactical button.
4)Octane will not lose his health atonce, he will lose his health overtime 1.00 second = 1 health
so,10 seconds = 10 health.
5)After the stim is over octane will not return to his normal speed atonce, his speed will gradually
decrease every second by 10% before getting back to his normal speed.
6)When getting back to his normal speed after the stim octane will get 20 % decrease in speed
for 5 seconds.
7)Stim cooldown time increased from 2.00 seconds to 20.00 seconds.

ULTIMATE - 1)Octane jumpad will no longer launch player in forward direction, it will now act as an jumptower
launching player into the sky at the height of the jumptower and they can redeploy like they can
do with the jumptower.
2)Jumpad will now give player with 50 sheild(if damage) and it can also do the same for the enemy
player.
3)If an enemy sqaud uses your jumpad your whole squad will be notified of thier location until they
drop.
4)Jumpad cooldown time increased from 90.00 seconds to 120.00 seconds.

Message 1 of 9 (1,179 Views)

Re: an idea for octane buff

★★★ Expert

If they rework Octane into that. Octane will be the new Wraith.

Message 2 of 9 (1,127 Views)

★ Novice

Share this to your friends we need this buff

Message 3 of 9 (1,114 Views)

★★ Expert
@ravigrv nice, you thought about the cool downs and other aspects when thinking of a neat buff.

However, I don't really think it would be fair to other legends the amount of utilization he provides.
- Jumppad = Jumptower
- Stim last for 19-20 seconds (realistically since it will decrease vs dropping to his normal speed) but only takes damage for 10.
- Jumppad marks enemies
- Jumppad provides shields (don't see how that's even logically possible in the slightest)

He just offers waaayyy to much for just basically being a speed demon.

I think his buffs should remain around his speed, so increasing his speed with a nice drawback to even it out, or allowing him to pick up faster speeds when going down hill, OR allowing him to have a higher basic jump height, ya know, since he has robotic spring-ish legs.
Message 4 of 9 (1,084 Views)

★ Novice

well octane just need an buff big or small it does not even matter now because it's been a while we have octane seeing any buff or may none

Message 5 of 9 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. I dont like the jumpad thing and the couldown on tactical really jumpad is okey just if it lunch you more and couldown should be on 10 secs because that would be pretty change for me because i like him how he is i dont really want big changes just let him run faster lower dmg from stim that would be okey and jumpad give shield thats good but lunch normaly like now 
Message 6 of 9 (932 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ravigrv Yeah it will be dope
Message 7 of 9 (647 Views)

Champion
@Wingmannedbro Be more than wraith. Be bloodhound too.
Message 8 of 9 (639 Views)

★★★ Expert

The problem with Octane is the core way his abilities work allow him to screw himself and his team over by completely running alone.

No buff is going to solve that problem.  Yes there are people who can run him as a team player but that’s really not a lot as far as I can tell.  Like Pathfinder, and original Wraith, his design encourages people to play him wrong.

The way his core abilities work need to be changed before any timer or stat changes.  But I doubt that will happen.

Message 9 of 9 (599 Views)