Re: AI or Human Opponents - What's worst?

by Screion

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

There is no need to be patronizing during this discussion. It is not really a question of what I fear or don't fear or whether my team is competent or not. Our discussion here is a result of us having fundamentally different views on what a multiplayer game should comprise. AI should not be part of it, and they remain to my mind a superfluous and irritating distraction.  

Message 11 of 14 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous

I don't see what he wrote as being patronizing.  He, too, is giving his considered opinion of why we should have spawnables.  He disagreed with you but did not treat your opinion as being stupid.  What I see is simply a continuing, civil argument.

Cheers!

Message 12 of 14 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

That I had difficulty in doing

I find the expression, I quote: "With all my experience I can tell you that AI units mostly fail and are free points. What you fear..etc", Unquote. (My underscore) is patronizing, implying that I clearly don't have the necessary gaming experience and that I should take note of him as a sage on the matter. On afterthought, he undoubtedly meant well, but it was unfortunately phrased. 

If we need to discuss this further I would prefer we did it in the Private Messages section of AHQ  rather than involve the community.

Message 13 of 14 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

Our discussion here is a result of us having fundamentally different views on what a multiplayer game should comprise. AI should not be part of it, and they remain to my mind a superfluous and irritating distraction.  

Then there is nothing to discuss. As you have no say in how Popcap designs their game. There is no convention, no rule or law, no industry-wide consent that dictates the presence or absence of AI controlled units in multiplayer games.

I already gave you reasons why these units are a fundamental part of the mode, and i am sure no one here has a problem with your opinion. But you did not provide an argument that would -based on reason - speak against them.

Message 14 of 14 (291 Views)