Re: AFK's ruining arena.

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

AFK's ruining arena.

★ Apprentice

Two games in a row with an AFK teammate. Cool not being able to leave those games... good design. Much intelligence. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@h4bitat Yup, brilliant design 💩
Message 2 of 12 (1,533 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@h4bitat I've said this before but they need to lower the AFK time, or when players press ready add something to where they need to give controller input so long after pressing ready or they're put back into the lobby. Players need to stop pressing ready then running off to do who knows what. Make sure you're ready to play.
Message 3 of 12 (1,496 Views)

★ Guide

I’m pretty convinced that some, … nice randoms 🙃, do this on purpose bc HOW TF ARE U AFK FOR 9 ROUNDS DUDE, I SAW U HIT UR MOUSE ACCIDENTALLY

Message 4 of 12 (1,483 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 Pretty much. It seems like arenas takes the biggest hit with this. I'll never understand people that do it in games like this. It really frustrates me. Same as those people that go AFK or quit when you're 2-0 up.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 12 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GH0STEDbyME just had to eat a penalty because 1 of my tms went AFK during a match & I wasn't about to sit through that. I shouldn't even have a penalty! They were afk! I should be allowed to leave without penalty!
Message 6 of 12 (1,433 Views)

Champion

I think its because they made arena matches part of the event/BP challenges that really didn't help matters.

End result being people afking matches just to box tick essentially. As they don't want to play the mode.

It really isn't a requirement to complete either the BP or the event though so idk why they bother lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 12 (1,415 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

I think its because they made arena matches part of the event/BP challenges that really didn't help matters.

End result being people afking matches just to box tick essentially. As they don't want to play the mode.

It really isn't a requirement to complete either the BP or the event though so idk why they bother lol.

Literally this. I play as little arenas as I can get away with when they tie these challenges to them because it's a complete waste of time that could instead be spent on entertainment. I don't like to think that the only reason I'm doing something is to grind a bar. I just want a product that works correct.

This game has come a long way without showing any evidence that players are getting matched appropriately. Serial afkers and quitters should get put with other serial afkers and quitters. Good players should be with (and against) other good players. It feels like the game is trying to fake the idea of probability by orchestrating unwinnable games and impossible-to-lose games in a particular balance.

Message 8 of 12 (1,402 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yo I'm a res this for a sec cuz I literally had someone go AFK in a pubs match. They died in the ring but somehow they didn't leave the match shortly after dying. Sooo were they never AFK/AFC? Or were they gone, saw they died then spectated? Either way they shouldn't be allowed to stick around & get free XP.

Message 9 of 12 (1,036 Views)

★ Apprentice

I love it. Arenas is garbage. Please keep ruining it so they take it out the game. Put Control in and take this garbage out. Nobody plays it, seriously. It's just there as a way to get challenge rewards. The maps are stupid and it's just horrible design. Plus who puts penalties in a non-ranked mode? LAME.

Message 10 of 12 (1,003 Views)