Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: AFK Bots in Quickplay - The beginning of an epidemic.

by Nirkon

Original Post

AFK Bots in Quickplay - The beginning of an epidemic.

★★★★ Novice

Okay so.

I've posted this on Twitter, and I'll continue to post it wherever I think it may get some kind of visibility.

Quickplay is already plagued with AFK Bots using automation tools to avoid inactivity, soaking up the freeplay EXP for Pilot levels.

And these aren't regular players, these are accounts that are being set up to be sold on websites as powerleveled accounts. They all have names that are just a series of numbers.

As many problems as the game has, it doesn't need this on top as it directly takes away from the gameplay experience in Quickplay.

Please can we have this addressed.

VIDEO LINK: https://imgur.com/a/zSPCg9D

Anthem_YMVKKA0VER.png

Message 1 of 8 (306 Views)

★★ Apprentice

90% of the time I try Quickplay I get into a bugged session :P

Not very efficient for bots.

But damm already Bots ingame?

Message 2 of 8 (296 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Funny as how to kill the game even faster... just wow.

Message 3 of 8 (268 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

9/10 times that I get into quickplay its a bot/AFK player, 

so freaking annoying, I hope they solve this ASAP.

Message 4 of 8 (207 Views)

★ Apprentice

Make sure to block them before you exit the game so you can not get matched up with that particular bot again.  Report them also, devs are watching the game closely so suspensions will probably happen quickly.

Message 5 of 8 (191 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Handing out “participation trophies”for just showing up is the problem .when one person can do everything and everyone gets the same xp it only promotes automated afk boting.

Shared xp should only count within a small radius of the event that generated the xp be it a kill or mission objective.

Perhaps if kill xp had the smallest radius of say 20 meters ...or for that mater having to actually hit/helped kill the mob would be the best option and remove the teleport/leash system to leave anyone afk doing circles completely behind 

Message 6 of 8 (181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

These are not necessarily bots. You can go afk forever and not get kicked. More like a leacher. I have gone into a Quickplay and got wife aggro. Thought I left the match, did not. Came back 10min later and still in the Quickplay. I have left to go to the store in Freeplay came back 30+min later still in little cave I left hiding in. As far as I can tell their is no kick for inactivity. So botting is pretty much worthless. Group kills stuff and when move on they get auto teleported to next area and so on.

Message 7 of 8 (167 Views)

★★★ Guide

Must be a PC problem,  Xbox I have not encountered even 1 AFK bot. I have seen people go AFK but its not for the whole mission, or even half of it.

In all honesty other than ruining gameplay for the other 3 members, this is a very small issue as getting to level 30 is not hard and does not take long.

Message 8 of 8 (165 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help